Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Basically I've been with my bf for about two months now and I'm not sure at all what's going on :/. We live quite far apart but in the beginning it wasn't a problem, but now we don't see much of eachother, maybe once or twice a week. I've talked to him about it and he said we'd try harder but everytime I offer to drive to his or go see him he tells me he's busy.. so it hasn't improved at all and he keeps saying he's confused about it but i don't know why. I've asked if he doesn't want us to be together and he always says he does, but at the same time is being really off with me so I'm not sure if he's just too scared to say it. Why would he say he wants us to see more of eachother but then not follow through or just make a bit more time for us? I'm veryy confused so any advice what to do would be gooood!

any advice would be niceee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    any advice would be niceee!
    Well, have you asked what he's 'doing' when he's 'busy'?

ReputationRep:
    Just say to him, 'I don't think you're putting a lot of effort into this relationship' and see what he says. If he is generally busy, then fine- but arrange something in advance, like a week or two if you are really that bothered!

(Original post by mathew551)
    Well, have you asked what he's 'doing' when he's 'busy'?
    Well we're both at college he has football a few nights and i have work 2 days a week.. But other times he just says stupid stuff like going to the gym :/ i don't understand why he doesn't just tell me it's over if he's not bothered?

ReputationRep:
    If you're having doubts, just talk to him about it and then end it yourself if you feel it's necessary. No point stressing about it when he doesn't seem bothered. It might sound horrible, but it could just be a case of he doesn't know how to go about it... so he's saying he wants to be with you so he doesn't have to do it, but is being off with you so you dump him instead? I don't know - all I know is it doesn't sound as though things are working at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    if goin to the gym is more important than seeing you..then there is a problem....it might be hard but slow down...dont bother him anymore...it is called a "relationship"..so both parties have to be fully involved...it seems u are the only one putting in the effort....its still a very new relationship so it shouldnt be too hard to end it?.....gluck......just relax....stop making the efforts and see his reaction....if he is fine with that then maybe u should end it?.....ur choice

i know it's probably not going to work, but I would rather see him not just end it and never see him again, he's the first boyfriend I've ever really really cared about so I hate that it's started going wrong. But I won't see him till monday now. oh dearr. right before valentines day haha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.