Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizmo!)
    i get you CaliforniaA*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A

Yeah, your absolutely hilarious. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    What's with all the A*A*A*?

Anyway, I'm usually the same, except for the last interview I did, I just felt confident about it for some reason and got the job. I suppose you've just got to practice more, to yourself (in front of the mirror?) and in front of friends/family, etc... And try and feel confident, like you deserve the job or place or whatever it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Going_To_California)
    I'm hoping to apply for medicine later this year, but I'm not particularly confident when I speak and I'm quiet also. I know this will be a disadvantage if I get an interview, but I'm not sure what to do.
    How do I become more confident when speaking?
    I know this seems like a silly thread, but it's quite a big problem,
    Thanks for any help
    Can you identify why you are quiet?

Do you suffer from anxiety?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'm just not a confident person really, and I've always been quiet.
    I'm not really anxious, but it's something I've been thinking about for a while as communication is a big part of med.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    Not a good idea. It's easy to smell a person who has been drinking. I say just be yourself and nothing more. If you try and act like a more intelligent person than you think you are then you'll fail miserably.
    Maybe that's why none of those interviews were successful.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.