The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Roobsa
other option - you stay with someone you're not completely happy with, probably continue seeing that other guy behind your boyfriends back, continue being secretive, your boyfriend to continue to have his suspicions. and more.

i don't get how you can't see breaking up with him is the best option here. he'll get over it eventually.

this. i mean, whats the worst that can happen :rolleyes:
Reply 21
kmcassley
this. i mean, whats the worst that can happen :rolleyes:

Depression/suicide?
He attacks John?

To be honest they're well within the realms of possibility.
Reply 22
Anonymous
Depression/suicide?
He attacks John?

that's where his friends come in to comfort.
Reply 23
Anonymous
Depression/suicide?
He attacks John?

yeah but you really have to ask yourself, is it better to break it off now, after 6 years, or wait another 6 just because you dont want to "hurt" him? realisticaly (sp?) it would be awful to break up with him, yes, but it will be much much worse if you wait any longer.
well the way i see it is that you have to make a choice, and whatever you choose is not going to be easy. personally i think what you have to do is pretty obvious.. follow your heart (bit a cliché, i know) and tell your bf you simply dont want to be with him anymore. its understandable he'll be hurt etc.. but there's no point living a lie by staying with him. And i'm sure in time he'll come to terms with it and move on.. but until then i dont think this situation can end without something negative happening to be honest.
Reply 25
I suppose its time to come clean to you guys, I'm actually 'John' and I wrote the situation out from her point of view from as closely as i can gather from quite a lot of discussion we've had over it. Now it may not be completely correct, but im confident that its very close to the truth, and i am aware of the possibility, but i really dont think im being naive in thinking that. I did this because I wanted to get the reactions of people to her actions not mine, so I knew I wasn't being irrational. Everything you guys have said I pretty much agree with and have raised this to her myself.

Now, normally I would walk away from this whole situation, tbf i should never have got involved in it, but I really cant walk away now. Ive not had the easiest past few months and to a large extent im still not, but becoming close to her has, and still is, really helping me through it. Its just im getting fed up with the situation, i love her a stupid amount and want us to be together, and we cant the way things stand. Im sick of all the lying, i know its not fair on her bf, and to an extent its not fair on me.

But I really dont know what to do. Part of me thinks I should just come clean to him and take whatever the fallout may be, if she hates me for it then so be it. Part of me wants to push her into making a decision once and for all, and if she doesnt then walking away from the situation. But the biggest part of me is scared of losing her, we're each others closest friend, i really do love her, and i know that she really loves me, and i know the potential is that a proper relationship would work great. Which is why im reluctant to take that firm stance and possibly have to walk away, so im letting things drift at the moment and its messing with my head.

Latest

Trending

Trending