Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

people who dont have much on facebook profiles? watch

Do you judge people who don't have many comments, photos or anything on facebook as not having much of a social life? Say if you went to school with someone who was quiet and unpopular and years later you add them on facebook to discover no one had tagged them etc would you think they were a bit of a loser? I mean what other explanation could there be if no one has tagged/put a picture up of them?

maybe they are out having fun instead of sitting in front of a computer uploading photos :|

ReputationRep:
    No, I would think the person suggesting they must be a loser because they aren't tagged in any photos is a loser for living their life on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't have many pictures of me on facebook since I do not like to see myself when I've been out. They are all bad pictures, so this does not mean someone is a 'loser'

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they've realised what a piece of crap facebook is.

ReputationRep:
    No, not really........

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather enjoy a night out rather than be insecure enough to have a compulsive need to take a zillion pictures of said night.

My profile is pretty full of me liking/commenting on people's things. :sigh:

I don't have many pictures of me either. And very few recent ones. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    They probably are.

Or they just don't go to the typical " OMGZZZ LETS TAKE PICTURES FOR FACEBOOK" events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Maybe they've realised what a piece of crap facebook is.
    It isn't that bad, it's good for events, keeping in contact with people in other parts of the country/world .etc. and talking to girls and so on :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I don't allow people to see my pictures, friends rarely comment on my wall because it's a lot easier to text/phone me.

TBH, whats worse;

200 Friends and 100 tagged photo's of themselves

or

1,500 friends and 2,000 photos. (Probably know none of them- just spend to much time on paint making photos of stick men and tagging themselves).

EDIT:

(Original post by + polarity -)
    I looked on one of my friend's profiles, and they had about 1000 friends and 4400 pictures. :lolwut:
    It seems worse than feared.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, can't say I really care. People who judge others by their facebook profiles annoy me more as they have too much time on their hands that they actually notice and care. Some people may just prefer to go out for a quiet drink with close freinds and not feel the need to take endless pictures for the sake of facebook.

ReputationRep:
    no, and anyone who judges someone based on their facebook profile is just sad.

ReputationRep:
    You're missing the point - he's asking what you think of OTHER people when you do look at their profile. He's not asking whether this is right/wrong/why you do whatever you do.

ReputationRep:
    I probably would to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    maybe they are out having fun instead of sitting in front of a computer uploading photos :|
    You said what I was thinking

I don't like stereotyping people, but if I had to, I'd thing of it the other way around (People who spend too much time 'socializing' in Facebook are less social in real life). But I am not saying that is true, just what I would think had I been stereotyping.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I just assume they don't go on facebook much to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less to be honest

(Original post by Corrosive Blossom)
    200 Friends and 100 tagged photo's of themselves

or

1,500 friends and 2,000 photos. (Probably know none of them- just spend to much time on paint making photos of stick men and tagging themselves).
    I looked on one of my friend's profiles, and they had about 1000 friends and 4400 pictures. :lolwut:

I however have 100 photos. :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Why would I think they wern't sociable?? I would assume that they dont have enough time to be on there, maybe because they spend to much time outside....

Anyways its a pile of crap/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.