Turn on thread page Beta

(Anon) Im a 34a and really want to be bigger, my mate said that you could get female hormones from the doctors. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to be bigger?
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    You can get hormone supliments if you have a deficiency but I doubt that you do.
    If you were given, say eostrogen, it is more likely to make you gain weight around your stomach, hip and thigh area and will have little effect on your bust.
    Some people say the contraceptive pill (containd pogesterone and sometimes eostrogen) increased their bust size. But others say it reduced it so...
    Don't mess about with unrequired hormones, it'll also affect you mood, posibly your menstral cycle etc. Its really not worth it.

Try heavily padded bras? Chicken fillets? Or just time, you may still grow depending on your age.

ReputationRep:
    OP I have a hormone imbalance so I was put on the pill at 14 for that very reason. Yes it gave me a bigger chest but you know what If I could I would choose to come off it anyday without regard to any change in my bust size because thats not what its for. Don't use medication for your superficial needs, leave it for people who need it.

ReputationRep:
    OP, I have a small bust size, and i'm 18.. From the ages like 14 - 17 i was always hoping for a bigger bust size but you'll come to realise its not a big deal.
    If you want bigger bust for guys, its silly, cos majority guys like either or.. some just like small, some big...

Seriously don't worry. Just let nature run its course. Your body is how it's meant to be, Don't change that with medication.

ReputationRep:
    Do not mess around with sticking hormones in your body. Bad idea.
    And anyway, I'm 32A and have been on the pill (oestrogen and progesterone) for contraceptive purposes for a year and it's made no difference whatsoever to my bust.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    (Anon) Im a 34a and really want to be bigger, my mate said that you could get female hormones from the doctors. Is this true?
    I know it's easy for people to say "learn to love your body" and criticise you for wanting a bigger bust - but I know how this can really affect your well-being and self esteem, and so do GPs.

Taking oestrogen may increase your bust size (as they do give female hormones to transgendered males to aid bust growth, stop facial hair growth etc). However, taking the contraceptive pill will have such a low level of oestrogen that this is unlikely to make any difference to the size of your chest, OP.

How old are you? If you are over 18 you could go and speak to your GP about breast enhancement. A friend of mine, at age 19, went to her GP to explain her anxieties and unhappiness regarding her chest size, and her GP offered her a consult with an NHS plastic surgeon. A year later, she had her breast enhancement and now truly believes her quality of life has improved.

If you are sill young, OP, then it is best to wait until you are fully developed - as messing around with hormones and surgery at a young age, really is not a good idea.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.