Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Confused about GCSE choices! watch

• View Poll Results: Which fourth option????
    Applied Business (double award)
    5.56%
    Business and Communication Systems
    0%
    Economics
    19.44%
    German
    22.22%
    History
    52.78%

ReputationRep:
    I plan to become a doctor or surgeon or something like that.. so basically i will study medicine at university. I need help with the GCSE options..

Compulsory for me are:
    Media Studies
    Religious Studies (short course) --im doing this now in year 9. predicted A*
    Maths
    English Language
    English Literature
    OCR National ICT (level 2) -- doing this now in year 9. predicted distinction

Now I have 4 extra options of my choice. I am definitely taking:
    Triple Science
    Geography
    ICT (double award)

Now im confused for my third option. Should i take:
    Applied Business (double award)
    Economics
    Business and Communication systems
    History
    or German.. i find doing a language really hard and im worried to take a language.

I plan to go to Sheffield University who don't ask for a GCSE in language for one of their requirements...
    HELLP!!!

ReputationRep:
    Media studies is compulsory? Take German, it's not very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    OP, what school do you go to ?

ReputationRep:
    Media is compulsary? :lolwut:

I'd take history or german

ReputationRep:
    Applied Business - they wont look at your subjects any further than Maths and Sciences. They'll just wanna know how many A/A*s you have.

ReputationRep:
    Do something you enjoy doing, German hard as balls, depends on your teacher tbfh.

ReputationRep:
    Economics

ReputationRep:
    Do what you feel you're most interested in but you think you can do good in. That's all.

I'm sure I've seen this thread before.. from the OP asking the exact same question.. :confused:

History btw!

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Reks)
    No to business......HISTORY OR GERMAN DEFFO!

MashAllah Thats Good A/A* Results.

ReputationRep:
    German or history.
    German is fun!

ReputationRep:
    cghjkl;

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to take history because it will clash will geography and will be hard for me to do both. Also iv heard that german is hard and I don't want anything less than an A grade or my dad will kill me!!.. So out of the three business orientated ones, which looks the best for medicine application..
    Sent from my Ipod

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter at all what your extra GCSEs are; it won't affect your medicine application! Just pick the one you like the best :yep:

ReputationRep:
    do what you want to do. You'll probably find when you get to A level you radically rethink your degree choice anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    I don't want to take history because it will clash will geography and will be hard for me to do both. Also iv heard that german is hard and I don't want anything less than an A grade or my dad will kill me!!.. So out of the three business orientated ones, which looks the best for medicine application..
    Sent from my Ipod

pushy parents.
    i took german gcse and out of a class of 20 or so that did it in one year we had 3a* and 7 a.

ReputationRep:
    surely business won't really help your medicine application. I think it's definitely handy to take a language, and you may regret not taking German in the future. I took history and geography and enjoyed both. Also, why the hell is media studies compulsory?

ReputationRep:
    lemme clear this up about media being compulsory.. we had too many people wanting to do media gcse last year as an option so they've decided to make it compulsory. I DONT LIKE GERMAN @hothedgehog: ill NEVER change my decision to study medicine at university..... my heart is SET on helping people and being admired and respected by society whilst also earning a decent amound of money........ SO.... I think ill stick with applied business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    lemme clear this up about media being compulsory.. we had too many people wanting to do media gcse last year as an option so they've decided to make it compulsory. I DONT LIKE GERMAN @hothedgehog: ill NEVER change my decision to study medicine at university..... my heart is SET on helping people and being admired and respected by society whilst also earning a decent amound of money........ SO.... I think ill stick with applied business
    Then why are you bothering to ask us?

If you can't take advice... :rolleyes:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.