Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, sorry this is going to be a bit of a rant...

Basically, before xmas, I split up with my boyfriend of a year, and about a month later, completely out of the blue, I got together with someone else.

While I was seeing my ex, one of my male friends (who I've known for ages and get one REALLY well with and consider him one of my best friends) would always be really harsh about my ex behind his back. I could understand why because my ex never attempted to make an effort with my friends at all and never came out with us, and would always bring that up in conversation. Then when I got together with my boyfriend, my "friend" started going on about people just being in relationships for the sake of it, so I stopped talking to him for a bit, cos I couldn't be bothered with the aggro. Anyway I brought my bofyriend out to meet all my friends at the next opportunity (which was about a month later). This friend ignored me the entire night, and the majority of my friends pretty much blanked my boyfriend.

So, I was pretty annoyed with my friends and ever since then, and this "friend" of mine hasn't spoken to me, until the other day when he started talking about my two friends moving in together and how stupid and young they were (both 21, been together 5 years).

So what's his problem? Have I done something to annoy him? How would you act in my situation? This is someone who used to be my absolute best friend and has all of a sudden given me the cold shoulder. At our last arguement, he said that I only ever talk about myself, so when we DO talk, I make sure to always ask about him (generally getting the response "do you even care?"). He's never had a girlfriend, so do you think its jealousy of how easy its been for me to find a relationship or something?

ReputationRep:
    He sounds bitter about his own love life and is projecting it on you and the other couple who are moving in together.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he is just jealous? it seems like it to me.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely jealousy! Maybe distance yourself from him for a while. Try not to let him get to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex_1_2_1)
    Definitely jealousy! Maybe distance yourself from him for a while. Try not to let him get to you
    I hadn't spoken to him since before xmas, then he started talking to me, and ended up talking about my friends who were moving in together, and argued about it (although I was trying to be diplomatic and take his view into consideration) grrr

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.