The Student Room Group

Diploma or Degree...Im in a rutt :-\

I've applied to do degree adult nursing in Southampton and Brighton unis, and i got my offers back, both conditional =]

However, southampton have offered me the diploma course instead of degree because they said my predicted grades werent high enough.
Southampton want me to get BC a levels and if i get higher, they will move me to the degree course by september when i start.

but the thing is, brighton said i can get CCC and do the degree course. and i really want to go southampton.

so im in a bit of a pickle here; I can put southampton as my firm, however, if i get low grades ill do the diploma, and i cant go brighton to do degree.

but if i put brighton as my firm, and get the higher grades southampton wants, i cant go there as it'll be my insurance choice.

wow, thanks if anyone understands what i just wrote lol, any advice please?
well firstly- well done for considering the degree, good idea in this current climate. Does southampton have the option of switching to the degree in 2nd/3rd year, if you don't get the grades and you start off on the diploma, then you have this option later down the line
Reply 2
Subcutaneous
well firstly- well done for considering the degree, good idea in this current climate. Does southampton have the option of switching to the degree in 2nd/3rd year, if you don't get the grades and you start off on the diploma, then you have this option later down the line

thanks =)

yeah southampton said if i get high exam grades and good assignment grades in 2nd year, i can switch to degree in 3rd year.

but im confused as to whether to accept this offer and take the risk of not being able to switch to degree.

Latest