Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do degree adult nursing in Southampton and Brighton unis, and i got my offers back, both conditional =]

However, southampton have offered me the diploma course instead of degree because they said my predicted grades werent high enough.
    Southampton want me to get BC a levels and if i get higher, they will move me to the degree course by september when i start.

but the thing is, brighton said i can get CCC and do the degree course. and i really want to go southampton.

so im in a bit of a pickle here; I can put southampton as my firm, however, if i get low grades ill do the diploma, and i cant go brighton to do degree.

but if i put brighton as my firm, and get the higher grades southampton wants, i cant go there as it'll be my insurance choice.

wow, thanks if anyone understands what i just wrote lol, any advice please?

ReputationRep:
    well firstly- well done for considering the degree, good idea in this current climate. Does southampton have the option of switching to the degree in 2nd/3rd year, if you don't get the grades and you start off on the diploma, then you have this option later down the line

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    well firstly- well done for considering the degree, good idea in this current climate. Does southampton have the option of switching to the degree in 2nd/3rd year, if you don't get the grades and you start off on the diploma, then you have this option later down the line

thanks =)

yeah southampton said if i get high exam grades and good assignment grades in 2nd year, i can switch to degree in 3rd year.

but im confused as to whether to accept this offer and take the risk of not being able to switch to degree.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.