Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on creating smokey eyes for a night out? i try but it just looks like iv been punched in the eye.

Thanks
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    Any tips on creating smokey eyes for a night out? i try but it just looks like iv been punched in the eye.

Thanks
    x

try youtube, they have lots of tutorials...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely try youtube.

Make sure you're blending enough light colours in else it really could make you look like a panda. :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    Try this, I personally find it very useful.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much
    very jealous because she is stunning... Wonder if i will get the same results!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it would be worth experimenting with different colours, like a dark purple, blue or green rather than a black.

ReputationRep:
    That's how you should

ReputationRep:
    Smokey eyes :coma: :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    If you move from dark to light colours ( from black> dark grey> light grey) doing from base of eyelashes to the top and blend them well, you won't have any problem then. oh and Give lighter colour a lot space though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakawa)
    If you move from dark to light colours ( from black> dark grey> light grey) doing from base of eyelashes to the top and blend them well, you won't have any problem then. oh and Give lighter colour a lot space though.
    Hmm, that's the opposite of what the girl in the tutorial said to do :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Hmm, that's the opposite of what the girl in the tutorial said to do :confused:
    no time to watch that video but you can use different approach, try my advice and see if you still complain.

ReputationRep:
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Cant get on youtube here so not sure what it's saying... but first up you want a good brush... I prefer to use one that is very flat and quite stiff.

Follow the shape of your eye socket... flick out a bit at the end/whatever shape you want to create. Generally I like to try and make a smooth almond shape (although that is just what complements my eyes). Do colour in right from the inner corner of your eye.

Use the edge of the brush to get a nice line under your lower lashes (this is why I like to use a stiff flat brush) and you want your overall effect to be one smooth almond shape around your eye almost...

I also like to add liquid eyeliner on top to add extra definition.

Should probably watch one of these tutorials actually!

ReputationRep:
    I always get asked how to do smokey eyes in work (I work in a cosmetics shop) because generally I'm the one that wears eye make up.

I do it using three shades. Light, medium and dark, it can be done using pretty much any colours, it doesn't need to be blacks! My favourite is with purples but choose your colours depending on what suits you best.

First: Apply the medium colour all over your eyelid, from the inner corner the the outer, blending slightly at the outer corner.

Second: take the darker colour and blend on the outercorner, using a kind of horizontal V shape under the brow bone and along about half of your eyeline, the tip of the V should be the very outer corner of your eye. Take a clean blender brush and blend this colour upwards for the tru smokey effect.

Third: Take the lightest colour and apply to the inner corner to open up your eye. This will stop that 'gothy' look that you can sometimes get if you're using a really dark shade on the outside as well. I also blend this upward to just underneath my eyebrow for added drama.

Lastly: Slather on lashings of mascara to complete your look, eyeliner will completely define the look and a touch of white eyeliner to the inner rim will make all the difference between beautiful, wide smokey eyes and narrow dark ones.

I hope that helps!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.