Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My dad recently decided that he just wasn't getting enough work self employed as a bricklayer to support all 6 of us in our family and is now receiving job seekers allowance until the work picks up.

As a result of this, money is extremely tight as, much like EMA, JSA ignores the fact that many people who qualify for the £30 bracket are those who are merely abusing the fact that one of their parents is single and separated and does not therefore have to provide a large income for a large family.

</rant> So anyway, if I ring EMA, will they consider reviewing my £10 a week to a higher tier considering we are now barely surviving on £100 a week benefits?

Thanks for any replies.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100%, but I seem to recall a friend of mine's dad losing his job half way through the year, and him applying to receive EMA.

Give them a call and ask. You've got nowt to lose.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think they would.
    The system is so wrong. There are so many more things which should be taken into account.

ReputationRep:
    of course they will, ignore the previous bitter post.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Not usually - it is based on the income of the PREVIOUS year. But there's no harm in asking.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you could, we just got it done because were living on just my mums salary now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.