The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
FinishHim!
Anyone watching it?

Wow @ the guy.

I know talk about serious tan addict!:eek:

but i think its really great what nicolas doing and also raising the profile about the dangers of sun beds.....I really don't understand some peoples "obsession" with being orange!:smile:
I didn't watch this, but it sounds really good. I am sick of seeing girls with yellow hair and orange faces. I wish being pale could be seen as normal!
Reply 3
pale is beautiful. i think anyone who has a tan ('natural' or fake) looks mucky tbh.
it's good that she's raised awareness for this sort of thing, but her speech to the MP's made her sound like a complete idiot.. sorry to be mean. feels a bit like she's trying too hard.
Reply 5
Ham22
pale is beautiful. i think anyone who has a tan ('natural' or fake) looks mucky tbh.

Haha, a tan is very healthy. It is only the narrow minded, pasty folk who seem to believe otherwise.
Reply 6
RNBen
Haha, a tan is very healthy. It is only the narrow minded, pasty folk who seem to believe otherwise.

There's a HUGE difference between gorgeous natural olive skin and fake tanning until you look like you've been tangoed.

Pale skin > Orange skin!
Reply 7
RNBen

Yeah, seconded.
Reply 8
RNBen

HAHAHAHHAHAHA. the jokes on you fool. there is no such thing as a healthy tan. If you have changed the colour of your skin through sun exposure, you have damaged it.

but go ahead, carry on getting your lovely 'healthy' tan, a leather-face at 30 does look oh so appealing.
Reply 9
Ham22
HAHAHAHHAHAHA. the jokes on you fool. there is no such thing as a healthy tan. If you have changed the colour of your skin through sun exposure, you have damaged it.

but go ahead, carry on getting your lovely 'healthy' tan, a leather-face at 30 does look oh so appealing.

Shut yer mouth, bitch-tits.

God, I can't believe the crap they stick on TV nowadays.
Reply 10
*theKid*
Lol,you're a ****.
And black people look like they've been covered in ****, huh?

¬¬

LOL. you're a moron. Do black people have tans? no they don't. it is their natural skin colour.

white people who have excessive tans, look like theyve got muck on their face. usually becuase you can tell its not their natural skin colour.
Reply 11
noggins
Shut yer mouth, bitch-tits.

God, I can't believe the crap they stick on TV nowadays.

acutally a nurse told me this.

shut your ignorant crap hole. Fu*ck face. Enjoy your melanoma.
Reply 12
sunpro
I use fake tan, because I don't want to look as pale as that copperc*** Nicola. I don't use sunbeds. My goodness she's uggo.

It humours me how bad girls are at judging how hot another girl is.
Reply 13
Ham22
LOL. you're a moron. Do black people have tans? no they don't. it is their natural skin colour.

white people who have excessive tans, look like theyve got muck on their face. usually becuase you can tell its not their natural skin colour.

Be specific next time.

'trying ever-so hard not to be offensive. '
Try harder.
Reply 14
*theKid*
Be specific next time.

'trying ever-so hard not to be offensive. '
Try harder.

He was clear, and obvious. You're just incapable of understanding.
Reply 15
sunpro
I use fake tan, because I don't want to look as pale as that copperc*** Nicola. I don't use sunbeds. My goodness she's uggo.

Fake tan really does look rubbish, sorry.
I thought the dad of that tan addict guy, proper old school welsh valleys guy was the highlight of the program, with the quote ''he's not like other boys'' lol.
Reply 17
EmmaDilemma
I'm from Scotland and the amount of girls you see up here slathered in fake tan is ridiculous. For god sake we only see sun about 4 times a year.

Slight exaggeration.

RNBen

:no: A tan, a lot of the time isn't healthy - because it's burning your skin.
RNBen

Sorry us pasty folk can't tan, it is healthy to be your natural colour whether that is black or white, end of.
Reply 19
This thread's gotten a bit violent!!
I havent been watching the programme, what channel is it on?
As someone whose scottish and its true we see the sun very rarely, though in saying that i got burnt in july and still have the tan lines :s-smilie::s-smilie: and i was in scotland
Many of the girls ay my school that used fake tan did not look good with it!
I think natural tanning ie NOT sun beds, is fine as long as you dont take it to extremes but pale skin can be really pretty too

Latest