Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things haven't been right in my current situation. I attempted to end our relationship some weeks back, but received a threat that she'd drop out of university if I did such. So, I backed off and decided to wait until after examinations. Now i'm stuck as to whether to finish with her. She's a nice lass, but I guess i've fallen out of love.

To add further complication, one of my university friends has recently begun to express an interest in me. I would like to pursue such an avenue, perhaps not now, but at some point in the not too distant future.

My girlfriend is in her final year of study, and i'm not sure I can ahead with putting her through a break up, but I feel as if i'm being blackmailed.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like a psycho, ditch her and run! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness you can't put your life on the hold for her can you. She's going to have to accept that its not what you want even though she may love you.

Mind if i was her i'd pobably act in exactly the same way

ReputationRep:
    Which avenue of the new woman are you looking to explore? Giggity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Things haven't been right in my current situation. I attempted to end our relationship some weeks back, but received a threat that she'd drop out of university if I did such. So, I backed off and decided to wait until after examinations. Now i'm stuck as to whether to finish with her. She's a nice lass, but I guess i've fallen out of love.

To add further complication, one of my university friends has recently begun to express an interest in me. I would like to pursue such an avenue, perhaps not now, but at some point in the not too distant future.

My girlfriend is in her final year of study, and i'm not sure I can ahead with putting her through a break up, but I feel as if i'm being blackmailed.
    1)Threeway
    2)Failing that, ditch your gf you don't like, and youtube the breaking up argument/tantrum or whatever happens.

In all seriousness, call her bluff. There is no way she would drop out of uni if she's in her third year.

ReputationRep:
    tbh I'd hate to have to deal with a break up in my final year - which now is only just under four months before I graduate.
    Whether she's threatened to quit uni or not, would it not be possible to wait just a little longer?
    I understand that that may be unreasonable for you though, and she should just have to deal with it if that's what you want.

Think i'll go through with it tomorrow.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.