Turn on thread page Beta

Girls at the gym watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and I go to the gym about 3 or 4 times a week. Recently, I have seen this girl there that doesn't really do much but she wears a face FULL of make up! I mean, lots of foundation (orange style!), mascara, blusher, eye shadow, lipgloss... the lot! :confused: She also has her hair down and styled. She has a cut so her side fringe is across her forehead.

I really don't get people like this. Her make up runs when she sweats so she looks awful and also her fringe sticks to her face as it gets wet. Surely this looks worse than having no make up on and your hair clipped or tied back a bit?!

I've seen a few people like this in my time at the gym. Is it me that is weird cos I take my make up off and actually make sure my hair is out of the way? Just want your opinions really as I'm rather confused!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red_student)
    I'm a girl and I go to the gym about 3 or 4 times a week. Recently, I have seen this girl there that doesn't really do much but she wears a face FULL of make up! I mean, lots of foundation (orange style!), mascara, blusher, eye shadow, lipgloss... the lot! :confused: She also has her hair down and styled. She has a cut so her side fringe is across her forehead.

I really don't get people like this. Her make up runs when she sweats so she looks awful and also her fringe sticks to her face as it gets wet. Surely this looks worse than having no make up on and your hair clipped or tied back a bit?!

I've seen a few people like this in my time at the gym. Is it me that is weird cos I take my make up off and actually make sure my hair is out of the way? Just want your opinions really as I'm rather confused!!
    Haha yea i know what you mean but I know some girls just don't like to get out the house without makeup, i don't know why but 1 of my friends alwaysss needs 2 have makeup on. Oh well, you'd rather look sweaty than sweaty + slap = clown

ReputationRep:
    Her dad must be a ******* wotsit.

ReputationRep:
    Shut up.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's not just you! I always make sure I remove my makeup before going to the gym. Lately I haven't even put any on on the days that I know I will be going..

ReputationRep:
    yeah ive never got this, your gonna look hot and sweaty anyway theres no point in trying to cover it up, especially when it fails epically and you end up looking even more gross.
    its not a fashion parade..its a gym..

ReputationRep:
    you said she doesnt do much? so its possible she might just go the gym to pose. or she might just be self concious of going out without make up, and think that if she gets sweatyy it wont look so bad with make up on ( to cover up a red flushed face)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe shes insecure.

ReputationRep:

she is probably very insecure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yafula)
    you said she doesnt do much? so its possible she might just go the gym to pose. or she might just be self concious of going out without make up, and think that if she gets sweatyy it wont look so bad with make up on ( to cover up a red flushed face)
    Well, she doesn't do too much! She just sits on the bike reading love it!!!! LOL! Well, she looks a bit like a barbie so I do reckon she may be there just to get the guys attention but I think most of them aren't interested. I just want to tell her that she looks even worse with make up on when she sweats and do her a favour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    she is probably very insecure!

But it's not like she's a total minger or anything! Well, she looks like one with her runny make up but not otherwise

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear makeup to the gym but it's a it difficult to move my fringe out of my forehead cos it's just not long enough to be pinned back. What do you care anyway? I hardly imagine it has some drastic impact on your workout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    I don't wear makeup to the gym but it's a it difficult to move my fringe out of my forehead cos it's just not long enough to be pinned back. What do you care anyway? I hardly imagine it has some drastic impact on your workout.
    Yes... but her fringe is long enough. I'm just talking in general... why do these girls do this? And yeah it does affect me as it looks awful and I was just wondering whether this was normal or not. That generally is the point in making a post asking whether other people do this or not :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they are uncomfortable with themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she hides behind her make up. Maybe she's actually really sad and hates herself far more than you could ever imagine.

That's why I used to wear a full face of make up everywhere. Not the gym, but even to bed. Because I couldn't stand to look at myself and I didn't want people to see how ugly (i thought) i was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly1991)
    Maybe they are uncomfortable with themselves.
    I have thought this but most of them are stick thin and aren't ugly or anything. Just a bit confusing. But my sister is really good looking and slim but she feels insecure. Who knows why!!

ReputationRep:

I completely agree with you, exercising is about looking beautiful on the inside, I mean, I do karate and never wear make up and always keep my hair tied, sometimes it looks a mess, but it would look much worse if I had gunk on my face.
    So don't worry, that girl is definitely trying to attract attention to herself without realising what that is doing to her skin. You are 100% right. x

ReputationRep:
    I have thought this but most of them are stick thin and aren't ugly or anything. Just a bit confusing. But my sister is really good looking and slim but she feels insecure. Who knows why!!
    Grats on losing weight and going to the gym and all that, I think that's good, but you should really stop being so dense in this thread. Maybe they are (in your eyes) good-looking and slim because they are so insecure (i.e. they think they're not good-looking at all). Or maybe she's just there for some attention or so she can say she's done something when someone asks ('went to the gym', 'wow ur so sporty, not at all a barbie doll').
    Heck, why do you even care?

ReputationRep:
    i love girls at the gym.. ooooftt

ReputationRep:
    sounds like your typical attention whore.

no makeup > orange, anyway.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.