Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to avoid giving someone your number? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This guy asked me a few days ago for my number, but I really didnt want to give it to him!
    Any excuses? I dont want to be harsh to people and say 'no cause i dont like you/dont want to give it to you'

ReputationRep:
    Give him a fake number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    This guy asked me a few days ago for my number, but I really didnt want to give it to him!
    Any excuses? I dont want to be harsh to people and say 'no cause i dont like you/dont want to give it to you'
    +1 for fake number. if he doesnt take the hint and asks again, repeat.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you have to lie just say your not interested.

Give him your BB pin instead: 0V3R90O0

ReputationRep:
    I'm taken and my bf doesn't like me taking other people's numbers. It'll make you "bf" sound like a retard and the guy will get scared and never ask again, simple

ReputationRep:
    Give him someone else's number that you don't like very much

ReputationRep:
    say 'no thanks'

or say you don't know your own number (i genuinley dont), so can you have his instead. then just never call :/ although thats a bit harsh. you should probably just say no thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    Give him a fake number.
    A fake number can only go so far, I once did that and the person then decided to check it immediately by giving me a test call. It was so awkward after that I ended up just giving me real number and passing it off as an accident. :p:

A fake number wouldn't work on someone she's likely to see agin that only works in clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    In the US people like giving the rejection hotlines number in lieu of their own.

However, since you say you dont want to be harsh, and since I'm not sure there is a rejection hotline in the UK, I'd go with giving him a fake number. If he puts you on the spot and you cant think of a number just change a few of the numbers in your own and give him that.

ReputationRep:
    Say something like my phone isn't really working give me your number

ReputationRep:
    say no, or give him a fake number, change a digit or something. simples.

i have a boyfriend
    give fake numnber, repeat until he gets the hint
    say you don't know your own number, repeat until he gets the hint
    i dont have a phone
    my phone is broken and i'm getting a new one
    weasels stole my phone
    alternativley give him your number and don't repsond to his txts/calls. laugh at his messages.

ReputationRep:
    say youre a lesbian, works like a charm

ReputationRep:
    I think saying you have a boyfriend is the best ! He can't really argue with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostArtOfMurder)
    I think saying you have a boyfriend is the best ! He can't really argue with that.
    What if he wants to be friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostArtOfMurder)
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Why isn't "No" an option?
    This. Yet another use for the "Just say no" slogan.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.