Turn on thread page Beta

Blisters watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I always get terrible blisters on my hands from playing tennis and have to wear plasters on my fingers all the time, but even then I still develop them from the friction that is created by the grip. Are there any tapes etc. that reduce the effect of the friction and prevents them all together ?

ReputationRep:
    Your hands will harden with time (ie; form callouses) and become more resistant to blisters - it will take time and it may be painful.

Make sure your technique is up to scratch (ie; not holding the racket too hard) and perhaps get some soft tape.

ReputationRep:
    dry your sweaty hands

ReputationRep:
    i think tape and plasters is all you can do, eventually i think your hands will just get tougher, like i used to get blisters playing squash and tennis, but i don't anymore - and once i got two massive ones on the back of my feet playing golf coz my shoes didn't fit properly (did the last five holes in my socks which i recommend to anyone actually )

god i sound posh

ReputationRep:
    eventually they will get tougher, like people have said. Have you got good tape on your racquet?

ReputationRep:
    You'll end up with callouses forming, make sure to keep them small though, can use a pummice or something like that.. When mine get too large they end up getting ripped off when weight lifting / picking things up etc.. Not nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    i think tape and plasters is all you can do, eventually i think your hands will just get tougher, like i used to get blisters playing squash and tennis, but i don't anymore - and once i got two massive ones on the back of my feet playing golf coz my shoes didn't fit properly (did the last five holes in my socks which i recommend to anyone actually )

god i sound posh
    Do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Do you?
    well because of the squash and golf

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.