Turn on thread page Beta

train tickets watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so for very complicated reasons, I need to take a train from Kemble, to london, and then another train the next day from london to southampton.

Now, when im in london i need the reciept for both train tickets, i dont have enough time to order the tickets through the mail, will they let me buy a train ticket from london-soton at kemble (for the next day)

I need proof of purchase to claim travel expenses.

ReputationRep:
    You can always book the ticket on thetrainline and pick both sets of tickets up at Kemble?

ReputationRep:
    Kemble doesnt have a ticket machine, just a man in a booth as far as i know, its a VERY small station

ReputationRep:
    just book online on http://www.nationalexpress.com/trainslanding.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    just book online on http://www.nationalexpress.com/trainslanding.aspx
    how can i get hold of my tickets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callipygian)
    how can i get hold of my tickets?
    hm you can just pick them up at the train station. You will get a booking reference. tell the person your reference and he/she will print your tickets off.

good luck! (you need to make an account on the national express account though to fill in your card details/ you might be able to pay when you pick them up as well, not sure).

ReputationRep:
    You can book online at http://www.nationarail.co.uk/ and pick up all your tickets plus receipt from the machine in the ticket hall on the day!

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/kem/details.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    hm you can just pick them up at the train station. You will get a booking reference. tell the person your reference and he/she will print your tickets off.

good luck! (you need to make an account on the national express account though to fill in your card details/ you might be able to pay when you pick them up as well, not sure).
    You can only pick up tickets from the machine at Kemble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    You can only pick up tickets from the machine at Kemble
    Okay well obviously I don't know about all individual stations.
    You can just get them out of the machine, like Schleigg said (still need reference number!) I can't imagine that you can't just ask the person at the desk? as long as you bring your card and stuff he/she must be able to print it? They never said no to me :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    You can always book the ticket on thetrainline and pick both sets of tickets up at Kemble?
    they charge you go to the train provider and book through them as will save you any booking fees, you can collect them on one of them machines just choose the station which you want to pick them up from

ReputationRep:
    Kemble has a ticket printing machine. Buy tickets online (NOT from thetrainline.com) and choose you pick up from the station's machine. You put in a code and the card you used to pay for them.

You cannot collect tickets from a person at Kemble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    still think it's stupid lol :p: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, changed my mind,

The trains from kemble when i want to go are awful! the only one anywhere near the time i want to leave has like 3 changes one of which is a bus x_x

Going to drive a bit further and take the train from Chippenham, that defo has a ticket machine etc.

thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    soz that i am bit late, but a really good link for train times and info is www.nationalrailenquires.com :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    Kemble has a ticket printing machine. Buy tickets online (NOT from thetrainline.com) and choose you pick up from the station's machine. You put in a code and the card you used to pay for them.

why not from thetrainline.com?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    I had a crap experience with them and I've stuck with virgintrains.com ever since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    Because if you book from a TOC you won't need to pay booking fees.

I just searched a random journey. Newcastle to York on the 19 Feb at 0930. Book off eastcoast.co.uk it'll cost £10.25 including postage or electronic delivery. The same journey on thetrainline.com is £11.50 +£1 booking fee.

It's only a small difference I know, but it all counts. And on a longer journey, savings will be greater from a TOC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    Because if you book from a TOC you won't need to pay booking fees.

I just searched a random journey. Newcastle to York on the 19 Feb at 0930. Book off eastcoast.co.uk it'll cost £10.25 including postage or electronic delivery. The same journey on thetrainline.com is £11.50 +£1 booking fee.

It's only a small difference I know, but it all counts. And on a longer journey, savings will be greater from a TOC.
    ah fair enough. in my experience (around here at least) even with the booking fees, thetrainline is nearly always cheaper

ReputationRep:
    People on here seem to say avoid thetrainline.com and raileasy.com but I have never been able to find cheaper than raileasy for my journey.

Manchester to Brighton return for £31 (at reasonable times i.e. not 5am!). Getting from Manc to London by Virgin on its own is never cheaper than £11, so it would mean getting across London and down to Brighton for £4.50. If anyone can find it cheaper let me know!

oh, and I recently had to change my booking with raileasy and for a £10 charge it was changed. Which I thought was reasonable as it my choice/mistake to change my dates.

ReputationRep:
    Get a 16-25 Railcard, they are invaluable and if you are a frequent traveller you will save alot. As for the Eastcoast being cheaper - I think that's due to them having 10percent off all fares this month or something, what's wrong with TheTrainLine? I have used them and had no problems.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.