Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Push)
    Get a 16-25 Railcard, they are invaluable and if you are a frequent traveller you will save alot. As for the Eastcoast being cheaper - I think that's due to them having 10percent off all fares this month or something, what's wrong with TheTrainLine? I have used them and had no problems.
    East Coast offer a 10% discount on their own Advance fares. Thetrainline is a rip. They charge fees for everything - East Coast is fee free and has a superior booking engine.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why thetrainline would be cheaper. All the sites use the same database, so have the same prices don't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    I don't see why thetrainline would be cheaper. All the sites use the same database, so have the same prices don't they?
    thetrainline charges booking fees, delivery fees and card fees. Eastcoast.co.uk does not. Cheaper. The booking system at eastcoast.co.uk offers a 10% discount on all east coast advance fares. thetrainline does not. Eastcoast.co.uk has a superior booking engine which makes it significantly easier to find the cheapest fares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    East coast uses ATOS Origin (I think), for their booking system, and it's far easier to work with. Other TOCs (NXEA, FGW, FTPE) use thetrainline as their engine, but don't charge the booking fees... Basically, DON'T use thetrainline.com

The prices will, however, be the same accross sites unless there's a promotion on (10% off EC advance fares, or FTPE's student discount come to mind)

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.