Turn on thread page Beta

Do you have a ***** shield? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Applicable to girls only, discuss..

Definition: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=*****+shield

ReputationRep:
    Well I do now. My friendlyness gave guys the wrong impression all the time even though I had a partner then. Never thought it would have to happen but the ***** shield arrived...first post...the post that hurts the most.

ReputationRep:
    It's unpleasant and unnecessary. Last week, i was talking to a couple of girls whom I'd just met and they told me the names of their 2 other friends. So upon asking if this girl was X or Y, she said "Actually, my name's Deidre", gave me what can only described as a glare and walked off to her other mate. Funny thing was, I was just trying to be friendly and trying to continue conversation rather than 'chat her up'. So I can only profess to her an enormous amount of good luck in her life because if she continues in that same vein, she will be a withered old, useless hag by the time she hits 40.

A shame.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing funner than breaking down a ***** shield.

ReputationRep:
    Only if a guy is being a ******** in a club. And by ******** I mean giving me totally unwanted physical attention like trying to feel me up. Thankfully that doesn't really happen often and I'm happy to chat to a guy if he's being polite in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a ***** shield for many years. I can't help it there are too many rude boys around where I live.
    It's sad though as sometimes I miss out on the opportunity to chat to a decent bloke because I can't switch it off )
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Probably.. I'm not really sure! lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah the infamous ***** shield. Nothing better then making shielded '*****es' look like arrogant fools by reminded them that not every guy who says 'hi' to them is instantly trying to get them into bed.

ReputationRep:
    When you get chatted up by random freshies you need one

ReputationRep:
    Well if I am getting unwanted attention then yes, I ***** shield guys. But I don't assume that every guy who chats to me is trying to chat me up.

Only to certain people especially on TSR :dry:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.