Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you omit your sexuality on Facebook, are you gay/bi? watch

ReputationRep:
    This is the logic of someone I know.

Apparently, if you fail to put the whole "interested in..." thing, it means you're in the closet.

True?

False?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Tell the person you know he's an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't put it, just cus it's not really anyone's business what gender I like to screw/take to dinner...

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Well some people dont think its a nessessary thing to put in.
    If you say interested in women/men on facebook you could be seen as a slimey facebook perver by some- or more realisically some people just cant be bothered to fill in all their infomation (saftey reasons as well).
    Who cares anyways gay/bi/straight whatever ?

ReputationRep:
    that's just stupid!
    I think loads of people just can't be arsed to fill everything in.
    Of course it doesn't make you gay and in the closet if you dont fill that in, INFACT if someone was gay and wanted to hide it wouldn't he or she put straight in, to avoid doubts. That someone didn't think it through lol.

ReputationRep:
    If you've nothing to be ashamed of then there's nothing to hide

ReputationRep:
    More like "couldn't be arsed to fill in info"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    Tell the person you know he's an idiot.
    This. Where do these people come from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    If you've nothing to be ashamed of then there's nothing to hide
    Show us your penis.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't fill it in. I'm gay. The two aren't linked. I'm just lazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadly Lightshade)
    Show us your penis.
    gladly

ReputationRep:
    If you fail to fill out "religious beliefs" does it mean that you're a Satanist?
    >_>

ReputationRep:
    If someone didn't have straight up I would assume they were gay.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't automatically mean that the person is definitely gay / bi but I would bet that it is far, far more likely.

(Original post by zakiman)
    I haven't put it, just cus it's not really anyone's business what gender I like to screw/take to dinner...
    This is the attitude he's talking about. Your normal Joe-average will say "straight" or write "interested in women" (or men if it's a female "Joe" ) without a second thought.

It's far more likely that a gay/bi would start thinking along the defensive lines of "it's nobody else's business blah blah... :mad2:" etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    If you fail to fill out "religious beliefs" does it mean that you're a Satanist?
    >_>
    Such bad logic.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't have one for 'dead baby animals' so I didn't fill mine in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinishHim!)
    This is the logic of someone I know.

Apparently, if you fail to put the whole "interested in..." thing, it means you're in the closet.

True?

False?
    wtf no! I don't have that and I'm straight. I also don't have a relationship status up there; that stuff's private.

I also thought filling in the "interested in" section made me look like I was on Facebook hunting for a boyfriend...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    It doesn't automatically mean that the person is definitely gay / bi but I would bet that it is far, far more likely.

This is the attitude he's talking about. Your normal Joe-average will say "straight" or write "interested in women" (or men if it's a female "Joe") without a second thought.

It's far more likely that a gay/bi would start thinking along the defensive lines of "it's nobody else's business blah blah... :mad2:" etc.
    ^This is why you're studying Law at Cambridge and the people in this thread aren't.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.