Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I live in a small town, full of no-hopers and people willing to settle for their dead end jobs. I want to escape and do something with my life, be somebody and achieve things. To do any of this, I would have to go to university/get a degree, as my part time job would never suffice, even if I went full time.

Out of the universitys I have applied to, only 2 have given me an offer, and one of them I don't wish to go to any longer. That leaves one with an offer of AAB and I'm unsure about whether I will even get the grades, but if I reject the other uni that have given me an offer of lower grades, that I don't want to go to, I'll be stuck here.
    I have now started doubting my course choice and I've heard financial help is not as good as the previous years, meaning I could struggle.

Basically I have two options
    a) Withdraw my application, wait for my results and then re-apply the following year.
    Ads: £££££ and a clear idea of where to apply to.Disads: All my friends moving away and me being stuck in this town for a year.

b) Accept the AAB uni, reject the other meaning I have no insurance choice, and hope I get the grades. Failing this, apply through clearing to go to the uni/place I wanted to go to first of all, but never applied for because it was a met uni, if the course is available. If these all fail, withdraw and reapply for the following year.

If I was to withdraw my application now however, and just work for a year then reapply the next, will this look bad as I have changed my mind last min and just spent it working, and will be out of practice of revision and exams?
    Sorry for the long post!

ReputationRep:
    Where have you applied to and what for ?

ReputationRep:
    If all you're really worried about is meeting the grades, just accept it anyway. Your plan if you don't meet them is only the same as what you'll do if you reject the offer.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.