Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I originally applied for a deferred entry (and have received offers, but not yet committed to one), but since then, circumstances have changed, and I would like to go next year instead. Is there any way or chance I could change this?

    Not through UCAS, you can only change your choices within 14 days of making them. You could email the uni's that have made you an offer, and ask them if they would consider giving you an offer for 2010. I have no idea how big the chance is they'll do something like that.

    I've heard it's a lot more difficult than saying you won't defer and then changing your mind. But the only thing you can do is ring or email the unis and ask. The problem is, as you've asked for a deferred year, they might have already filled the places for this year.

University open days

  1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.