Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which is the better university overall?

I have a conditional in both, one for Finance with business law at HW and English Law at Dundee...

Is Heriot Watt good for Finance and Business Law, like for business degrees?

Also, the lifestyle side of things, which is better?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure to be honest, but I've had a conditional offer from Dundee to do English and Scots Law, which I thought was quite unusual, it was ranked 15th (I think in the Times Good Uni Guide!!) and has achievable grades of BBB
    So I'll probably be putting it as my insurance!!
    As for lifestyle, I haven't clue, I'm from England and hoping to visit the uni at it's next open day
    As for Heriot Watt, I don't know anything about it at all! xx

ReputationRep:
    Unless you really want to study the course at Herriot Watt, I'd go for Dundee. Better university reputation, very strong reputation for the course, good graduate prospects.

ReputationRep:
    go for dundee....better rep.also its the only uni in uk which has a dual qualifying law degree

ReputationRep:
    Dundeeee is not in Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjarvis)
    Unless you really want to study the course at Herriot Watt, I'd go for Dundee. Better university reputation, very strong reputation for the course, good graduate prospects.

Isn't Herriot Watt the best university in Scotland for Business, and technically the course i've got an offer in would be finance/business.

Also, I live in Edinburgh and I have friends in HW and from school so I think life as a student would be more enjoyable.

I also like the fact it is a cosmopolitan university with 30% international students, compared to 16% at Dundee.

and Edinburgh surely has better night life and is a much better city than Dundee,

Do you think the better rep at Dundee is worth it?

Sorry for the rambling but last question lol, After the HW course, I would most likely go to a top law school in London for example to do my GDL, it is only a one year full time course, so do you think I will be disadvantaged by taking this route?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Dundeeee is not in Edinburgh.

Yeah, but there isn't a Edinburgh/Dundee Unis category is there...

No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawIsBraw)
    Yeah, but there isn't a Edinburgh/Dundee Unis category is there...

No.
    There is a Scottish unis sub-forum.

ReputationRep:
    There is a Scottish unis sub-forum.

I take this back...Thanks for your contribution

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Herriot Watt the best university in Scotland for Business, and technically the course i've got an offer in would be finance/business.

Also, I live in Edinburgh and I have friends in HW and from school so I think life as a student would be more enjoyable.

I also like the fact it is a cosmopolitan university with 30% international students, compared to 16% at Dundee.

and Edinburgh surely has better night life and is a much better city than Dundee,

Do you think the better rep at Dundee is worth it?

Sorry for the rambling but last question lol, After the HW course, I would most likely go to a top law school in London for example to do my GDL, it is only a one year full time course, so do you think I will be disadvantaged by taking this route?
    Dundee has the better nightlife, I'd say. I suppose it's what you're into though reallyy... and as for HW being the best Scottish uni for business, well that is debatable... *cough* strathclyde *cough*

ReputationRep:
    And you think this is such a catastrophic disaster that I posted it specifically in the "Edinburgh Unis" section, that you actually thought it was appropriate to post on this thread, with nothing useful whatsoever to my original question? Instead, you contributed something completely worthless...

Thanks for your er.."contribution"
    No, you'd get more useful answers if you had posted in the correct forum. I was only trying to help. Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    No, you'd get more useful answers if you had posted in the correct forum. I was only trying to help. Oh dear.

I took it back...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick law at Dundee anyway, since the first isn't an LLB. You can do more with the LLB.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.