Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've been having some problems & it's likely i will be getting below 25% in coursework in 2 units, and am wondering what happens, because i hear you fail the whole unit if you get below 25% in anything, do i get to retake the individual coursework or do i have to retake the units as a whole because i've scored quite high marks in everything else in the units & am pretty down about doing so badly in just 1 bit that will cause instant fail in the whole unit, also i won't have the ECF's ready for tomorow (ECF deadline) so wondering if anyone could tell me what happens there too, in a bit of a mess at the moment

thanks

the next time i can see my tutor is tuesday which'l be too late & i have no time to go asking round tomorow as i have other things in the way, which is why im trying to get a response off TSR

ReputationRep:
    You'll get a chance to resit the coursework during the resit period (during summer), but you'll be capped at 40% (this is generally true, but varies between departments) if you don't submit an ECF.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the ECF will mean you won't be capped in the retake, if it's valid of course. It varies between department but for most people i know first year doesn't effect the degree you get so as long as you reach 40% then you will progress to level 2. May not be that much of a concern ATM although it's obviously bettter to do well.

Speak to your tutor / head of department

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skribla)
    Yeah, the ECF will mean you won't be capped in the retake, if it's valid of course. It varies between department but for most people i know first year doesn't effect the degree you get so as long as you reach 40% then you will progress to level 2. May not be that much of a concern ATM although it's obviously bettter to do well.

Speak to your tutor / head of department
    But remember that if you're on a course with has a placement year, the first year will count towards that

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.