Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i've been having some problems & it's likely i will be getting below 25% in coursework in 2 units, and am wondering what happens, because i hear you fail the whole unit if you get below 25% in anything, do i get to retake the individual coursework or do i have to retake the units as a whole because i've scored quite high marks in everything else in the units & am pretty down about doing so badly in just 1 bit that will cause instant fail in the whole unit, also i won't have the ECF's ready for tomorow (ECF deadline) so wondering if anyone could tell me what happens there too, in a bit of a mess at the moment

thanks

the next time i can see my tutor is tuesday which'l be too late & i have no time to go asking round tomorow as i have other things in the way, which is why im trying to get a response off TSR

ReputationRep:
    You'll get a chance to resit the coursework during the resit period (during summer), but you'll be capped at 40% (this is generally true, but varies between departments) if you don't submit an ECF.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the ECF will mean you won't be capped in the retake, if it's valid of course. It varies between department but for most people i know first year doesn't effect the degree you get so as long as you reach 40% then you will progress to level 2. May not be that much of a concern ATM although it's obviously bettter to do well.

Speak to your tutor / head of department

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skribla)
    Yeah, the ECF will mean you won't be capped in the retake, if it's valid of course. It varies between department but for most people i know first year doesn't effect the degree you get so as long as you reach 40% then you will progress to level 2. May not be that much of a concern ATM although it's obviously bettter to do well.

Speak to your tutor / head of department
    But remember that if you're on a course with has a placement year, the first year will count towards that

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.