Turn on thread page Beta

The average life-span of a TSRian is around a year right? watch

ReputationRep:
    Really random question lol
    but most people use TSR in their year13 year when they are doing their A Levs/Scottish Highers/IB/whatever. They use it to keep up to date during the UCAS cycle...then they leave and forget about TSR when they are at uni...
    What do you lot think?
    Will you leave this August after you get your A level results?

ReputationRep:
    heh a lot of members join well after year 13, and more and more join before they even get to year 13. I think there's a high proportion of members who initially join for those sort of reasons and then get sucked in, once you're in you can never leave :woo:

By the time I get to uni I will have been a member 3 years :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I thought there were a lot of uni chat threads that were quite busy? That's pretty much the only reason I'm still here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BringMeThatHorizon)
    Really random question lol
    but most people use TSR in their year13 year when they are doing their A Levs/Scottish Highers/IB/whatever. They use it to keep up to date during the UCAS cycle...then they leave and forget about TSR when they are at uni...
    What do you lot think?
    Will you leave this August after you get your A level results?
    Check out my Account age.... :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I only discovered TSR at the end of my AS year, so used it a lot through A2. Now at uni and still use it, although to tell you the truth I very rarely use it for academic purposes :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm a graduate and still here - but I'm applying for a second undergraduate degree (medicine) so I get to do the whole UCAS thing all over again :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I will never leave! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I joined in order to ask about A Levels, and I imagine once I'm at University I'll have little need to come here any more than very occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm im not sure might do im not using it totally for UCAS depends how much spare time i end up with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    Check out my Account age.... :yes:
    Wow. I reckon i'm gonna piss off once i'm in uni.

ReputationRep:
    Omg I Only Have A 6 Months Left Omgggg

(Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    heh a lot of members join well after year 13, and more and more join before they even get to year 13. I think there's a high proportion of members who initially join for those sort of reasons and then get sucked in, once you're in you can never leave :woo:
    Very true.

:emo:

Wait. You're a mod, and you're not at uni yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)

By the time I get to uni I will have been a member 3 years :indiff:
    I will have almost been a member for 3 years :indiff:

It's FINE! although as a mod your life-expectancy increases dramatically :p:

I think joining socs helps too.. :sigh:

I hope one day i'll leave these place.. I seem to have TSR phases.. this year's phase hasn't seemed to have gone yet though..
    I doubt i'll be here when i'm at uni though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at uni so not too bad.
    My bf still uses it after his UG degree, and now he is doing a MSc.
    We procrastinate muchly :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Very true.

Wait. You're a mod, and you're not at uni yet?

Doesn't my profile make that obvious?

(Original post by melting sugar)
    I will have almost been a member for 3 years

It's FINE! although as a mod your life-expectancy increases dramatically

I think joining socs helps too..
    The worst part is knowing I only joined to ask a quick question :o:

ReputationRep:
    I started lurking around GCSE times, and joined at the end of my AS Levels... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I think I will stop when i get to uni

ReputationRep:
    I have been here over 3 years but usually only come on here at times of my A Level exams and UCAS...

ReputationRep:
    I've been here like a month or two but it seems quite a cool place, might stay when i'm at uni but will probably post less than i do atm.

(Original post by Tam_Diman)
    I started lurking around GCSE times, and joined at the end of my AS Levels... :holmes:
    :mmm:

Started lurking near the end of my AS levels, then joined a few days before I started uni.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.