Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa )
    Dont you dare tell me Conservatives wouldnt have gone to war with Iraq...dont you dare....
    they would of but at least we could expect that, blair said nothing before the elections about his ideas of developing the special relationship with america and getting cozy with bush which what made it so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    they would of but at least we could expect that, blair said nothing before the elections about his ideas of developing the special relationship with america and getting cozy with bush which what made it so bad.
    and just because we would have expected it from conservatives it makes it better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    excuse me everything that people are criticising about the labour party the conservatives would have made a much worse job.
    Dont you dare tell me Conservatives wouldnt have gone to war with Iraq...dont you dare.... :mad:
    Well we'll never know will we.

People are criticizing the Labour Party because there are things to be criticised. I've already oultined some of these in the Political debate thread so won't do again.

How can you say "the conservatives would have made a much worse job"? What are you talking about here? Running the country? The war in Iraq? Perhaps the Conservatives would have waited for more proof before declaring war. You cannot know that "the conservatives would have made a much worse job", you are simply making a sweeping judgement based on your biased political leanings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Well we'll never know will we.

People are criticizing the Labour Party because there are things to be criticised. I've already oultined some of these in the Political debate thread so won't do again.

How can you say "the conservatives would have made a much worse job"? What are you talking about here? Running the country? The war in Iraq? Perhaps the Conservatives would have waited for more proof before declaring war. You cannot know that "the conservatives would have made a much worse job", you are simply making a sweeping judgement based on your biased political leanings.
    I base my opinions on past trends...i.e John Major (need i say more)

ReputationRep:
    Yes you need to say more.

I'd also like to draw your attention to the fact that he is no longer the leader of the Conservative Party, which currently has a much stronger leader.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you need to say more.

I'd also like to draw your attention to the fact that he is no longer the leader of the Conservative Party, which currently has a much stronger leader.
    Are you referring to Michael Howard.....*rolls on the floor in laughter*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa )
    agreed that does mean tho that labour are any better, thats why u should vote lib dem since at least that would mean we would have 3 realistic parties to choose from and force the conservatives and labour to adopt some decent policies

ReputationRep:
    agreed that does mean tho that labour are any better, thats why u should vote lib dem since at least that would mean we would have 3 realistic parties to choose from and force the conservatives and labour to adopt some decent policies
    Sorry man, i respect you for your persistence but lib dems will never be recognised as a major party , as i said on a previous thread

'Sorry to all you lib dem supporters but no way should they even be recognised as another party. All they have is a loosly tied manifesto which changes according to the tv programme and interview which is conducted......i dont even take them seriously '

I think the best thing to do is look at whos better labour or conservatives and decide on that....anything else im sorry to say is a wasted vote.

But by all means vote lib dem locally (I am) just not nationally!!

ReputationRep:
    Are you referring to Michael Howard
    Obviously.

Michael Howard is a stronger leader for the Conservative Party, and a stronger leader than Tony Blair. He drew attention to Tony Blair's snub of not inviting him to the reception of the Rugby team by phoning up 10 Downing Street and asking for an invitation, making Blair look like an immature teenager. Somehow the press also got hold of this story...

Rather than sitting on the sidelines away from the limelight like IDS, MH confronts Blair on some of his most contraversial policies.

ReputationRep:
    Rather than sitting on the sidelines away from the limelight like IDS, MH confronts Blair on some of his most contraversial policies.[/QUOTE]
    and replaces them with worse policies .....

ReputationRep:
    Sorry man, i respect you for your persistence but lib dems will never be recognised as a major party , as i said on a previous thread

'Sorry to all you lib dem supporters but no way should they even be recognised as another party. All they have is a loosly tied manifesto which changes according to the tv programme and interview which is conducted......i dont even take them seriously '

I think the best thing to do is look at whos better labour or conservatives and decide on that....anything else im sorry to say is a wasted vote.

But by all means vote lib dem locally (I am) just not nationally!!
    Actually, people may be surprised at how well the Lib Dems do at the next general elections.

Many people are turning away from Labour and its lies, and are finding the Conservatives too right wing for their liking. The Lib Dems are the obvious middle ground.

ReputationRep:
    Rather than sitting on the sidelines away from the limelight like IDS, MH confronts Blair on some of his most contraversial policies.
    and replaces them with worse policies .....[/QUOTE]
    Concrete examples?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity )
    Michael Howard is a stronger leader for the Conservative Party, and a stronger leader than Tony Blair. He drew attention to Tony Blair's snub of not inviting him to the reception of the Rugby team by phoning up 10 Downing Street and asking for an invitation, making Blair look like an immature teenager. Somehow the press also got hold of this story...
    stronger than ids but please national leader, since then some of the members of his cabinet have also express some rather strong views on the death penalty and state school which kinda undermines all the good work he might or might not of done.

howard is going to have to change alot to be a decent leader

ReputationRep:

Thank you, not everybody is deluded with lies the Tory machine pumps out....eh

ReputationRep:
    stronger than ids but please national leader, since then some of the members of his cabinet have also express some rather strong views on the death penalty and state school which kinda undermines all the good work he might or might not of done.

He has already radically altered his views on many policies, and i'm sure will continue to do so.

Your first point - are you suggesting that members of Labour do not posess some controversial strong views?

ReputationRep:
    erm some ppl also said that man would never get to the moon, alot of things can change in a short time

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, not everybody is deluded with lies the Tory machine pumps out....eh
    This from a supporter of Blair!

ReputationRep:
    erm some ppl also said that man would never get to the moon, alot of things can change in a short time
    That is true although one could argue whether we did actually get to the moon...heard the conspiracy theories...

ReputationRep:
    part of the problem at the moment is that labour spin everything they have ever said and the tories dont actually have any policies so there is a slight problem in politics at the moment

ReputationRep:
    This from a supporter of Blair!
    Hey i didnt say I was a supporter of Blair I just think he is the best out of the bad bunch .....

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.