Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    That is true although one could argue whether we did actually get to the moon...heard the conspiracy theories...
    please... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nafia)
    That is true although one could argue whether we did actually get to the moon...heard the conspiracy theories...
    oh no not another one

*not wanting to have this discussion*

how did they get the moon rocks then? and we will leave it at that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    please... :rolleyes:
    please what....excuse your deluded ideals....i think not xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    oh no not another one

*not wanting to have this discussion*

how did they get the moon rocks then? and we will leave it at that
    I am not an expert but what about the shadows and the light....

ReputationRep:
    Hey i didnt say I was a supporter of Blair I just think he is the best out of the bad bunch .....
    I beg to differ - I for one do not want a leader who knowingly lies to and deceives the very people who elected him.

Tony Blair refuses to have any kind of discussion outside of his party over the EU constitution, and implements policies, particularly regarding education, which are hugely unpopular. In some countries this is known as a dictatorship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nafia)
    Hey i didnt say I was a supporter of Blair I just think he is the best out of the bad bunch .....
    even tho he wants to introduce tution fees and is best friends with bush?

ReputationRep:
    I beg to differ - I for one do not want a leader who knowingly lies to and deceives the very people who elected him.

Tony Blair refuses to have any kind of discussion outside of his party over the EU constitution, and implements policies, particularly regarding education, which are hugely unpopular. In some countries this is known as a dictatorship.
    and you think Howard would do a better job , deluded.....

ReputationRep:
    even tho he wants to introduce tution fees and is best friends with bush?
    Whos his competition...Howard the man who would if he had the chance introduce more fees and be up Bush's arse....i think not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nafia)
    Whos his competition...Howard the man who would if he had the chance introduce more fees and be up Bush's arse....i think not
    yes ur right which is why u should vote lib dem, we know what the 2 main parties are gonna do ie very little and then tell u they have solve the problems of the world. the lib dems would at least be something new

ReputationRep:
    yes ur right which is why u should vote lib dem, we know what the 2 main parties are gonna do ie very little and then tell u they have solve the problems of the world. the lib dems would at least be something new
    Yes, locally I agree, nationally VOTE LABOUR ......

ReputationRep:
    Howard the man who would if he had the chance introduce more fees and be up Bush's arse....i think not
    Where is your evidence to back up these claims?

You are incorrect, The Conservatives would abolish tuition fees.

As to being "up Blair's arse", I hardly think that is a relevent point, or if that is even the issue being discussed.

ReputationRep:
    They Are A Bunch Of Spin Doctors!

ReputationRep:
    the lib dems would at least be something new
    In principle i agree with you, however i think their policies are far too wishy-washy (what, panto time already?) for me and they need a far stonger leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'serendipity)
    Where is your evidence to back up these claims?

You are incorrect, The Conservatives would abolish tuition fees.

As to being "up Blair's arse", I hardly think that is a relevent point, or if that is even the issue being discussed.
    it was bush's arse but dont worry, it is an issue since do we want a relationship with america such that blair is promoting

and i dont think the conservatives would abolish tuition fees or if they did they just limit the oppertuinities for students in highter education

ReputationRep:
    it was bush's arse but dont worry, it is an issue since do we want a relationship with america such that blair is promoting

and i dont think the conservatives would abolish tuition fees or if they did they just limit the oppertuinities for students in highter education
    They would abolish tuition fees. See www.conservatives.com

If they limited the opportunities for students in higher education that might not be such a bad thing. Not everyone is academically clever and there is nothing wrong with that, they are not "worse" or "better" than anyone else. The government should not treat students as if they are on a level playing field. The fact is that not everyone is intelligent enough to go to university, so should not waste three years of their earning capacity doing a mickey mouse course which will not improve their employability anyway, and result in them emerging from university with enormous debts.

Hang on, i've already argued about this...

ReputationRep:
    ...this is part of my arguement against Labour's Higher Education Policy in the political debate thread...

it is scandalous that they want so many students to go to uni in the first place. This gives people a skewed view that if they do not go to uni they are worth less than those that do. Clearly this is rubbish. It also puts huge pressure on the unis themselves, resulting in the need for tuition fees, which the vast majority of students struggle to afford. This is wrong. We need more people in the less academic professions such as builders and electricians, which are no less worthwhile and in many cases far better paid than the jobs graduates would obtain with rubbish degrees, which are a waste of both time and money. Labour are doing students a gross misservice, and personally i think we'll see the results of their ineptitude reflected in the economy in years to come.

ReputationRep:
    ...this is part of my arguement against Labour's Higher Education Policy in the political debate thread...

it is scandalous that they want so many students to go to uni in the first place. This gives people a skewed view that if they do not go to uni they are worth less than those that do. Clearly this is rubbish. It also puts huge pressure on the unis themselves, resulting in the need for tuition fees, which the vast majority of students struggle to afford. This is wrong. We need more people in the less academic professions such as builders and electricians, which are no less worthwhile and in many cases far better paid than the jobs graduates would obtain with rubbish degrees, which are a waste of both time and money. Labour are doing students a gross misservice, and personally i think we'll see the results of their ineptitude reflected in the economy in years to come.
    i agree that as many ppl shouldnt go to uni as current do at the moment however it could be argueed that intelligent students from poor backgrounds would also be penalised if uni's werent supported by the gov. sorry if u have already said something about this on the other thread but im lazy and havent read it

ReputationRep:
    it could be argueed that intelligent students from poor backgrounds would also be penalised if uni's werent supported by the gov.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    as far as understand and please correct me if im wrong, the conservatives would abolish tution fees and the impression i get is that they would be against tax increase to finance the shortfall. the short fall could be navigated in their eyes by having less people go to university so the money from taxes which is spent on university education would be supporting a smaller number of students. however this would also mean that the would be less funds for poorer students to get scholarships and this is also one of the major problems with the labour bill at the moment

do these ramblings make any senes

ReputationRep:
    as far as understand and please correct me if im wrong, the conservatives would abolish tution fees and the impression i get is that they would be against tax increase to finance the shortfall. the short fall could be navigated in their eyes by having less people go to university so the money from taxes which is spent on university education would be supporting a smaller number of students. however this would also mean that the would be less funds for poorer students to get scholarships and this is also one of the major problems with the labour bill at the moment

do these ramblings make any senes
    Why would they need scholarships if there are no tuition fees?

Do you mean for living expenses?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.