Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    sholarships for poorer students whose parents cant afford to go to uni from their families income, how would u get them to uni or would u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    sholarships for poorer students whose parents cant afford to go to uni from their families income, how would u get them to uni or would u?
    Do you mean scholarships for living expenses?

ReputationRep:
    I'd vote Labour. This forum seems very anti-Labour but the polls show that even with all our troubles and the Tory honeymoon, we are still ahead. I think the last one I saw had us 9% ahead of the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    the polls show that even with all our troubles and the Tory honeymoon, we are still ahead. I think the last one I saw had us 9% ahead of the Tories.
    Ah, but the UK Learning poll seems to disagree

ReputationRep:
    I'd vote Labour. This forum seems very anti-Labour but the polls show that even with all our troubles and the Tory honeymoon, we are still ahead. I think the last one I saw had us 9% ahead of the Tories.
    had us? ur a member then? despite the fact that blair lied and that resulted in the sucide of a civil servant thats a good view to have!

(Original post by serendipity)
    Do you mean scholarships for living expenses?
    for living expenses, fees ect. the costs encured while at university, since a student loan isnt going to cover it all

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but the UK Learning poll seems to disagree
    What is slightly worrying is that the Tories are seen as the good guys and Labour bad by students. We may have a generation of Labour haters who would blame us for years to come.

ReputationRep:
    had us? ur a member then? despite the fact that blair lied and that resulted in the sucide of a civil servant thats a good view to have!
    There's more to Labour than Blair. Bar Iraq, I think we have done well since 1997.

ReputationRep:
    it is hardly suprising the poll was against labour since the forum if full of students who the gov are trying to lumber with fees

ReputationRep:
    What is slightly worrying is that the Tories are seen as the good guys and Labour bad by students. We may have a generation of Labour haters who would blame us for years to come.
    And so they should. I am genuinely ashamed of my country for invading Iraq etc...

ReputationRep:
    for living expenses, fees ect. the costs encured while at university, since a student loan isnt going to cover it all
    The current system isn't working at the moment anyway. My friend has just started uni this year and has no money, and very little help, despite coming from a council estate etc. He's finding it very hard and hardly has enough money to eat, never mind rent etc.

We could return to the old system of grants, before tuition fees were introduced.

ReputationRep:
    There's more to Labour than Blair. Bar Iraq, I think we have done well since 1997.
    :eek: please read through the last 4 pages of the political discussion thread!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ensocopier)
    And so they should. I am genuinely ashamed of my country for invading Iraq etc...
    i think it was the more the fact that blair didnt listen to the people or parliament and gave no reasons rather than the removal of a dictator that was the problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ensocopier)
    So are a lot of Labour supporters. The only people pro were the government and the Tories who would have gone in for any old reason!

On tuition fees, we could go back to funding a very small minority, giving them grants, benefits etc... but the unis would still be underfunded and the system would be unfair for other student who would like to go but have no place and the tax payer.

ReputationRep:
    i think it was the more the fact that blair didnt listen to the people or parliament and gave no reasons rather than the removal of a dictator that was the problem
    Exactly. What gives Blair the right to interfere in another country's governmental system?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing gives Blair the right to interfere in another country's system of government.

His continuing alliance with Bush is unforgivable under current economic and political terms

His attack on Iraq amounted to treason in what is supposed to be a democratic society

He's a weak man and has been slowly pushing the LAbour party to the right ever since he got into power

He appears to be a chronic liar, as do most of his cabinet and party...

...but, until PR comes along the alternative is the Tories.

+1 to Labour here.

ReputationRep:
    the unis would still be underfunded
    No they wouldn't. Labour have encouraged a ridiculous number of students to go to university under false pretences, ie. better job, better pay, better prospects, etc.

Less uni students (ie. those students who should not be at uni not being there) would result on less pressure on the unis = no more underfunding.

ReputationRep:
    ask the Tories why they supported the invasion too.

ReputationRep:
    Labour just seems to be messed up to me. They don't like grammar schools when clearly they have a place in society. I think that grammar schools should exist however I don't agree that the 11+ should be a mandetry exam (it should only be taken by those that want to go grammar schools) some councils notable Trafford still make all pupils take the exam.

I just seem to find myself agreeing with more tory policies than labour ones these days. However I have been bought up very anti-labour as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'd vote Labour
    So are a lot of Labour supporters. The only people pro were the government and the Tories who would have gone in for any old reason!
    so despite the fact u admit the only people pro were the gov and they didnt listent to their supporters you would still vote for them? isnt that rather illogical?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. What gives Blair the right to interfere in another country's governmental system?
    if there was genocide going on i would want blair to interfer, wouldnt u?

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.