Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    NEW LABOUR! AHHH!!

SPIN SPIN SPIN until everyone becomes so dizzy they fall over! Blair and his cronies are just a bunch of media tarts! They come up with loads of little gimmicks and schemes which look good on the front page but never come to be enforced

the split in the party is enormous: between brownites, blairites or the other way of looking it a split is the front bench and the rest!

Blair TAXES like mad and then chucks money at hospitals and schools so they can spend it on buying pens and paper and spending time filing out forms. You cant just chuck money at them..and you can just throw targets at them..perhaps letting the teachers and doctors decide what is best rather than the whitehall bereucrats might be an idea

They have imposed ridiculous targets on universities..the top ones now MUST take 77% of its pupils from state schools. I understand state school students dont get a privilged education in the same league as private school students do...but many can afford private tuition (like Blair's kids) or have parents who are teachers. Therefore, the way to widen participation is to increae knowledge and improve standards such as through grammer schools! By doing this he risks lowering the standards of our univerisite and destroying private school pupil's lives despite the pupils and parents working so dam hard all their lives for the grades and money. It is reckless social engineering.

Now hospitals are so dirty you can go in for a minor operation and end up leaving dead because of MRSA

School Discipline is a night mare.

Figures for crime are down but the number of crimes NOT being reported is up

Our economy has plummeted in terms of competitiveness to something like 14th meaning businesess want to come here less and want to go elsewhere more taking away jobs (might explain why next year our economic growth will be slowing down)

We borrow like crazy on brown's credit card budget

german companies which make our trains now have to batter some of their own track to make it more like our tracks so they can test their trains appropriately.

the size of the work and pensions deparment buraucracy is bigger than the british army.
    The population of our entire civil service bureacracy is bigger than the population of sheffield

Mandleson has been brought back to posts three times despite two scandals and what looks like another one emerging right now

immigration and asylum controls are a complete mess

i cant be bothered at this moment to say more..im tired

but NO FOR BRITAINS SAKE DO NOT VOTE LABOUR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionel789)
    NEW LABOUR! AHHH!!

SPIN SPIN SPIN until everyone becomes so dizzy they fall over! Blair and his cronies are just a bunch of media tarts! They come up with loads of little gimmicks and schemes which look good on the front page but never come to be enforced

the split in the party is enormous: between brownites, blairites or the other way of looking it a split is the front bench and the rest!

Blair TAXES like mad and then chucks money at hospitals and schools so they can spend it on buying pens and paper and spending time filing out forms. You cant just chuck money at them..and you can just throw targets at them..perhaps letting the teachers and doctors decide what is best rather than the whitehall bereucrats might be an idea

They have imposed ridiculous targets on universities..the top ones now MUST take 77% of its pupils from state schools. I understand state school students dont get a privilged education in the same league as private school students do...but many can afford private tuition (like Blair's kids) or have parents who are teachers. Therefore, the way to widen participation is to increae knowledge and improve standards such as through grammer schools! By doing this he risks lowering the standards of our univerisite and destroying private school pupil's lives despite the pupils and parents working so dam hard all their lives for the grades and money. It is reckless social engineering.

Now hospitals are so dirty you can go in for a minor operation and end up leaving dead because of MRSA

School Discipline is a night mare.

Figures for crime are down but the number of crimes NOT being reported is up

Our economy has plummeted in terms of competitiveness to something like 14th meaning businesess want to come here less and want to go elsewhere more taking away jobs (might explain why next year our economic growth will be slowing down)

We borrow like crazy on brown's credit card budget

german companies which make our trains now have to batter some of their own track to make it more like our tracks so they can test their trains appropriately.

the size of the work and pensions deparment buraucracy is bigger than the british army.
    The population of our entire civil service bureacracy is bigger than the population of sheffield

Mandleson has been brought back to posts three times despite two scandals and what looks like another one emerging right now

immigration and asylum controls are a complete mess

i cant be bothered at this moment to say more..im tired

but NO FOR BRITAINS SAKE DO NOT VOTE LABOUR
    1) In my state school we have just had these improvements:
    £250,000 spent on a new library ,with many computers linked to broadband.This is very benificially to many students
    2)We have had £250,000 spent on a knew food technology centre
    3)We have had new baskeball courts put up
    4)More computers,equipment,and general improvements such as maps throughout the school.

All the taxes that Blair collects goes on things that i have just mentioned.So you implying that all the taxes are just wasted away is simply wrong.

My second point is that not all state school students have wealth or parents who are teachers.The increase in targets for state students is a good thing,maybe it stop people from going to private schools.

How would it destoy private schools lives? Someone is at a rough school and gets ABB is easily more worthy of a place than someone who has been form a private school and has AAA.

ReputationRep:
    How would it destoy private schools lives? Someone is at a rough school and gets ABB is easily more worthy of a place than someone who has been form a private school and has AAA.
    you really believe that? it's not like the examiners are going round throwing marks at private school pupils just because of their background. exams are moderated across the board for the whole country regardless of the means of school funding...so surely whatever grade attained reflects whatever ability the pupil has.
    i
    f you do the work you get the grades, no matter where you come from...and there are "rough" private schools too you know...its not all 'jolly hockysticks'!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bettus)
    and there are "rough" private schools too you know...its not all 'jolly hockysticks'!!!
    lol how rough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bettus)
    you really believe that? it's not like the examiners are going round throwing marks at private school pupils just because of their background. exams are moderated across the board for the whole country regardless of the means of school funding...so surely whatever grade attained reflects whatever ability the pupil has.
    i
    f you do the work you get the grades, no matter where you come from...and there are "rough" private schools too you know...its not all 'jolly hockysticks'!!!
    Don't make me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    the point is that I ACCEPT state school students do not get the same opportunity - of course
    I also accept something should be done about that

however, by imposing these targets firstly universities have said in order to meet them they would have to reduce academic standards
    and secondly the main problem is

for example many students in state schools get private tuition (not all) but many

at the same time they penalise hardworking parents and pupils from private schools

as a result such targerts are a form of reckless social engineering. They do not take in to account anomalies like private tuition etc

you say a rough school AAB is better than a private school AAA ..but how can u judge..maybe each school should have a number saying how rough they are..and clean they are..and how "nice" the work environment is so universities can look at those too - its reckless because for example not all state schools are rough

therefore these targets come from a gross generalisation approach towards everything

and you say more people come to state schools over private:

that would make life for the government harder. At the moment private pupils' parents still pay taxes to go to s state school. The fact that they dont go to a state school frees up this money to be used on other students. If more private school students went to state school this means that money would not be free but would have to be used towards that student

and also..i hate when someone makes a point and in reply someone gives one example in response.. its like when someone says "not many peopele do law a level" and someone replies.."i did it though" - so what?>

on that basis labour has also sold off school fields and playgrounds..and rough school you say?> perhaps it is because under labour political correctness is going mad and many students are able to run amock

i dont think at any point i ever said taxes are wasted completely

although many of them are.like when an NHS bunch of managers decided to have a meeting last year and they booked and cancelled and rebooked a hotel again and again when schedules kept changing spending £70 000 just on booking and rebooking

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.