Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is more for girls but I guess guys may be able to relate..
    I've just looked through my TSR inbox and atleast 10 boys have personal messaged something flirty/complimentary. Obviously it's nice and it's flattering but I started talking to one boy a lot and infact I know have his number etc but I went on facebook and realised he has a couple of the prettier girls on TSR on his friends list.
    I'm a bit gutted now because it's apparent that he just adds girls he fancies and chats them up. He made out he "doesn't do this often" and I feel really stupid now.
    But then again I really like him and I'm wondering whether this time it's different for him? I never thought I would fall for a guy off TSR when there are more than enough in my actual town..but I fell for him and it's kinda hard to crawl back out!!
    So yeah girls/guys...Do you get hit on a lot? Do you reply to the messages?
    TBH it's a bit pathetic that you have to resort to p

ReputationRep:
    I never get messages, oh well....

Just talk to him more, let him know your interested

ReputationRep:
    i dont get a lot of PMs on here but on another site i go on i do and for the most part i dont reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've just looked through my TSR inbox and atleast 10 boys have personal messaged something flirty/complimentary. Obviously it's nice and it's flattering but I started talking to one boy a lot and infact I know have his number etc but I went on facebook and realised he has a couple of the prettier girls on TSR on his friends list.
    I'm a bit gutted now because it's apparent that he just adds girls he fancies and chats them up. He made out he "doesn't do this often" and I feel really stupid now.
    But then again I really like him and I'm wondering whether this time it's different for him? I never thought I would fall for a guy off TSR when there are more than enough in my actual town..but I fell for him and it's kinda hard to crawl back out!!
    Snap, my boyfriend hates it :p:

I reply to some, others are down right weird though, some are from foreign members in broken English and I'm pretty sure some are just for the lulz.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. What losers :P

I've never done that...

Although some of the girls are just as bad! *Checks inbox*

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a photo up of yourself?
    I don't want to put a pic of myself up, maybe thats why no one PMs me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    how do you know he's chatting them up? - he might be telling the truth and it is different for him - only one way to find out he might not have the other girl's numbers for instance if you like him carry on talking to him and you never know stuff might happen hope it turns out good for you

i wouldn't call it hit on but someone i met on here has said the sweetest things i've ever been told over the past week :blush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Snap, my boyfriend hates it :p:

I reply to some, others are down right weird though, some are from foreign members in broken English and I'm pretty sure some are just for the lulz.
    Snap, though my boyfriend just lolz at mine :p:
    Who are you with btw? I want to say Kexy, but :iiam: tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Snap, though my boyfriend just lolz at mine :p:
    Who are you with btw? I want to say Kexy, but :iiam: tbh.
    Yeah, Kexy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Yeah, Kexy
    It is rare my memory is this good :awesome:
    Who PM'd who first? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    This kind of thing happens so much more than many newer members are aware. TSR is, at the business end, just like anywhere else - it's a community. Things can happen if you use it enough as it could elsewhere, for the most part.

People find it easier to flirt on here too. I'm utterly, utterly dreadful for that. Diabolical. In person? Only if I'm deadly serious. Now, I'm not saying that's necessarily the case here OP, but don't just analyse what the girls look like! :p: I have (scratches chin) about forty people from here on my Facebook, and I would say two thirds of those are girls. Many of them are objectively stunning and decent mates. I may even flirt with them. But it doesn't necessarily mean I have the intent of bedding them, or they me for that matter. Quite the contrary one suspects. They're friends.

I would like to think the best of this guy for your sake, and can only really relate that there are often other reasons on TSR, as if there are not everywhere else. But don't consider looks and whatnot everything.

ReputationRep:
    you girls need to start sending us guys more messages. equality of the sexes...

ReputationRep:
    I don't get messages or hit on thank goodness! So I couldn't say!

But one thing, I did start speaking to a person on TSR and we've become great friends! New BFF haha! :ahee:
    (I actually couldn't get rid of him) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    It is rare my memory is this good :awesome:
    Who PM'd who first? :ahee:
    Heh, I'm very impressed!

Oh no, I didn't meet him here, I knew him irl before I realised he used TSR He lived in same town as me before he went to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partoftheweekend)
    you girls need to start sending us guys more messages. equality of the sexes...
    Agrees.

ReputationRep:
    Losers and white knights. If you fall for someone you've never met, beware, could be a cross-dressing sweaty fat man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    how do you know he's chatting them up? - he might be telling the truth and it is different for him - only one way to find out he might not have the other girl's numbers for instance if you like him carry on talking to him and you never know stuff might happen hope it turns out good for you

i wouldn't call it hit on but someone i met on here has said the sweetest things i've ever been told over the past week :blush:
    Mate, you used a lot of smiley faces.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

I don't take them seriously at all. Its only the internet :teehee: I reply for own amusement most of the time :p:

OP: Don't get stuck on one guy. What are the chances that you would be with him in real life?
    And as i said, its the internet. Darn deceiving most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Losers and white knights. If you fall for someone you've never met, beware, could be a cross-dressing sweaty fat man.
    And that cute chick you've just pulled at the club could also be a psycho murdering *****.

i actually fancy someone on here that goes to my uni but i refuse to send her anything because i think it'd be weird. i was tempted the other week when she posted something about being sad that she's always overlooked by guys because of a physical feature.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.