Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've never understood why people meet their partners on the net.
    I prefer to go out in the real world and meet people, not behind my computer screen thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to put my picture up, purely because i'm worried someone I know will be on here ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    At least she's the right gender.
    That's what you think.

(Original post by rainbowbex)
    I recognise the format of this post to other past trolls.

It's not all about looks you know, it is also about personality!!
    Funny that, Miss Sherlock Holmes. I have never posted a thread on this matter or a matter in any way, shape or form similar so put the magnifying glass away. He clearly went for looks for some of the girls cuZz deY typeZ lykk Dizz bbezz and talk tripe basically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because it's must easier to actually get to know someone then attempting to hear their drunken slurring over the club music?

ReputationRep:
    I PM/get lots of PM's.

It's all good craic tbh, but if you like him then tell him. What's going to happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    I dont want to put my picture up, purely because i'm worried someone I know will be on here ha.
    Yeah, im sure thats the reason why... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Errrrrm.
    NO to internet boyfriends/girlfriends

(Original post by Reue)
    Dude, you've so missed your opening.
    story of my life
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Funny that, Miss Sherlock Holmes. I have never posted a thread on this matter or a matter in any way, shape or form similar so put the magnifying glass away. He clearly went for looks for some of the girls cuZz deY typeZ lykk Dizz bbezz and talk tripe basically.
    Thanks, and hey.. I still responed to the content of your post.

oh and it wasn't the content as such, just the way the post is structured reminded me of this epic three thread troll that went round couple of months back.

He might like looking at the 'prettier girls' but if they are as dumb as they sound, its (as I said, about personality) he'll like talking to you better.

Also, it is worth noting that it is never worth comparing yourself to others as sometimes you'll win sometimes you'll lose and at the end of the day you will still be unique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    always the "." never the "?" :sigh:
    I did just try to send you a Private Message (non-flirtatious), but your Inbox is full. What was I supposed to do blud.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Reue)
    My most recent gf was from TSR. We eventually had to split up due to moving away for uni/work. Still friends tho
    Did you not find how you met made it weird. I think I'd find it weird.

good on you though mate

(Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    why do you like someone who is clearly a massive richardhead? :facepalm2:
    Well I didn't realise he was like that until today. We've been talking for a while and he seemed perfect. Similar backgrounds, hobbies, life-plans, ideologies and so on. His personality was great and then I found out he was good looking too. Everything was perfect -we clicked (no pun intended) at hello and things were going great.
    I wish I didn't look at his friends list...
    Worst bit is I liked him so much I told my sister and best friend and they were both like "what if he's a player" AND HE IS

ReputationRep:
    I always get them of guys! FML

ReputationRep:
    i get random messages cos im asking for it in my sig

i like them, and sometimes people message me and tell me how AWETHUM they think i am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Yeah, im sure thats the reason why... :rolleyes:
    It is, i'm paranoid and I know the chances of someone I know looking at my profile are tiny, but still...

ReputationRep:
    I prefer to go out in the real world and meet people, not behind my computer screen thank you very much.
    Adding to Reue's post, I think a lot of people (on here at least) can strike up conversations quite easily without the intention of getting into a future relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Did you not find how you met made it weird. I think I'd find it weird.

good on you though mate
    Nope, not at all. First time we ever met in person I ended up staying over her house for 4 nights. She even carried me home from the nightclub 1 night when i *may* have drank a bit too much... and didnt moan at me about it in the morning <3

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, because people plan these things :rolleyes: it's not as if if you meet someone online and you think there's something you're not going to meet them in real life.

Also, people are just as likely to be tossers in real life as they are if you met them from the net.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Snap, my boyfriend hates it :p:

I reply to some, others are down right weird though, some are from foreign members in broken English and I'm pretty sure some are just for the lulz.
    cba for PM

how much for e-sex?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.