Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I always get them of guys! FML
    In 4 1/2 years... I've only ever had 1 off a guy asking me to convert

(Original post by time.to.dance)
    :rofl:

I don't take them seriously at all. Its only the internet :teehee: I reply for own amusement most of the time :p:

OP: Don't get stuck on one guy. What are the chances that you would be with him in real life?
    And as i said, its the internet. Darn deceiving most of the time.
    This.

I generally take anything on t'internet wiff a pinch of salt.

Recently it has become tablespoons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    It is, i'm paranoid and I know the chances of someone I know looking at my profile are tiny, but still...
    And what would be so bad about that? Just dont post anything on here that you wouldnt want real life friends to know you've wrote.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Reue)
    Nope, not at all. First time we ever met in person I ended up staying over her house for 4 nights. She even carried me home from the nightclub 1 night when i *may* have drank a bit too much... and didnt moan at me about it in the morning <3
    Tnawwwhhh that is cute

(Original post by ibs137)
    Noooooo!!! :nooo:
    ? :confused: ?
    Why is the guy hitting the girl in your sig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well I didn't realise he was like that until today. We've been talking for a while and he seemed perfect. Similar backgrounds, hobbies, life-plans, ideologies and so on. His personality was great and then I found out he was good looking too. Everything was perfect -we clicked (no pun intended) at hello and things were going great.
    I wish I didn't look at his friends list...
    Worst bit is I liked him so much I told my sister and best friend and they were both like "what if he's a player" AND HE IS
    You still don't know that he's like that...right?

I'm hardly a player and still have pretty girls on my friends list. You know, because they're friends.

(Original post by missimpossible)
    Yeah, because people plan these things :rolleyes: it's not as if if you meet someone online and you think there's something you're not going to meet them in real life.

Also, people are just as likely to be tossers in real life as they are if you met them from the net.
    I dunnooo, the general anonymity of the net allows 'nice' people irl to be complete tossers online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Tnawwwhhh that is cute
    It was, but alas the distance was a bit too much at the time so we called it off. Thus Reue is now single

ReputationRep:
    ? :confused: ?
    Why is the guy hitting the girl in your sig?
    'Cuz he's a playa yo!

Braaappppp!

ReputationRep:
    Well I didn't realise he was like that until today. We've been talking for a while and he seemed perfect. Similar backgrounds, hobbies, life-plans, ideologies and so on. His personality was great and then I found out he was good looking too. Everything was perfect -we clicked (no pun intended) at hello and things were going great.
    I wish I didn't look at his friends list...
    Worst bit is I liked him so much I told my sister and best friend and they were both like "what if he's a player" AND HE IS
    ah bummer

you'll have to ignore him, otherwise you'll end up making a MASSIVE mistake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m:)ckel)
    Adding to Reue's post, I think a lot of people (on here at least) can strike up conversations quite easily without the intention of getting into a future relationship.
    I, for one, did not expect to end up with my boyfriend the first time we discussed Physics on TSR, or after the first PM... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    In 4 1/2 years... I've only ever had 1 off a guy asking me to convert
    Did it tempt you ?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Reue)
    It was, but alas the distance was a bit too much at the time so we called it off. Thus Reue is now single
    aha, Thanks for pointing that out because naturally it is my company starved life that bids me to come stalk TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Because it's must easier to actually get to know someone then attempting to hear their drunken slurring over the club music?
    Really?
    "I'm cuddly" = "I'm fat" etc
    In person you can tell what someone is like by their appearance and mannerisms, as well as chatting to them. On the net you are talking to a faceless idea of a person at the other end of a screen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Did it tempt you ?
    Very much so :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    aha, Thanks for pointing that out because naturally it is my company starved life that bids me to come stalk TSR
    Naturally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Really?
    "I'm cuddly" = "I'm fat" etc
    In person you can tell what someone is like by their appearance and mannerisms, as well as chatting to them. On the net you are talking to a faceless idea of a person at the other end of a screen.
    It's only faceless if they wish to remain faceless towards you. Which, im guessing with your attitude.. is likely everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Not really, I got just as many when I had no picture up. Some of the guys on here are a little strange http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    :teeth: I agree tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    I, for one, did not expect to end up with my boyfriend the first time we discussed Physics on TSR, or after the first PM... :rolleyes:
    Who's yours? I meant to ask before :p:

ReputationRep:
    Was it you who got a message saying:

(Original post by the message)

Feel free to PM me I don't bite!!
    Hey, I just clicked on your profile and with a face like that I bet you do bite! x.

??

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.