Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi mates. I am in my 2nd year in cardiff uni doing business management. Was planning to apply for msc financial computing from UCL after graduation. I am pretty confident of getting a 2:1 for my degree. However, I didn't do A level maths as I did a diploma in logistics. I am not sure if the school will accept me or do I have to sit for the A level maths before I graduate?

Diploma's FTW. :woo:

I didn't do A-levels either, I did a BTEC in electrical and electronic engineering. Didn't seem to affect my acceptance for masters.

I don't think you'll have any problem providing you did sufficient maths in your bachelors.

ReputationRep:
    Do you even have to supply info about A-levels for postgraduate courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    Do you even have to supply info about A-levels for postgraduate courses?
    That depends on whether the OP's undergraduate includes enough math... In the context of this particular course the answer is a little complicated:

The OP does not appear to be outside UCL's target demographic - with the right personal statement it would be possible in theory to get an offer, subject of course to the level of oversubscription when he applies.

A more pertinent question for the OP regards employment prospects afterwards - without a more quantitative background the opportunities may be restricted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoodwink199)
    That depends on whether the OP's undergraduate includes enough math... In the context of this particular course the answer is a little complicated:

The OP does not appear to be outside UCL's target demographic - with the right personal statement it would be possible in theory to get an offer, subject of course to the level of oversubscription when he applies.

A more pertinent question for the OP regards employment prospects afterwards - without a more quantitative background the opportunities may be restricted.
    Surely the grades at UCL would show his possible flair for maths independent of previous studies.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.