Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Im wondering whether anyone would be able to check my references over for my psychology assignment. No matter how long i spend on doing them and following instructions we've been given i get so confused, and usually end up losing a lot of marks due to having errors within the reference section.
    Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Buy the APA manual 6 (or 5 if your school is still using it). They are pretty simple.

Katechar, X. (2010). Why do I still suck at APA references? The Journal of Undergraduate Woes
    {indent here}, 123, 345-346.

Psych!, Z. (2010). Why Undergraduates almost never pick up APA style even after 3 years of a
    {indent here}Psychology Degree. London: Sage Publishing.

Katechar, X. (2010). I hate APA: help me! In Z. Psych & X. Katechar (Eds.), Why even bother with
    {indent here}APA? (pp. 237-278). Retrieved from http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=
    {indent here}1173629

A second easy option is to find an APA journal article and just check your style against them. And, finally, you could find one of the online crib sheets on APA - but you need to be careful of the swap to APA 6. It is somewhat different to APA 5.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. If i posted my references would someone be able to give them a quick check over by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katechar_X)
    Thanks.
    You're welcome.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.