Turn on thread page Beta

URGENT - scared of housemate watch

Me and this guy moved into a house together without knowing each other, and since September we've gotten on really well.
    Last week however, a new guy moved in. Today, a second one has.

I'm absolutely terrified of the second one. Btw, I'm a girl and all the other 3 are guys. This new guy keeps staring at my boobs, he talks really really fast for genuinely half an hour without stopping at all. I just had a smoke with him downstairs, and he started talking about how he has no friends, and how he's looking for someone to share everything in life with him. He said he had lost friends and he left his own country because of doing things he wasn't proud of, and then he spent about 20 minutes none stop talking about how his family means everything to him, and he has done things he wouldn't normally do, for the family. I also think he had an erection at one and was trying to hide it.

Basically I don't know what it is, but he makes me feel uncomfortable and scared, and I don't know what to do. I'm terrified of him. But I don't know if I'm over-reacting or being stupid.

ReputationRep:
    mm... mention it to your other housemates and see how they feel. maybe wait a week or two and see what happens; if you still feel uncomfortable, perhaps start looking for a new flatmate. you shouldn't feel uncomfortable in your own home. still, it's a first impression - give him a chance.

ReputationRep:
    wow he does sound kinda odd maybe just avoid him best you can?

ReputationRep:
    2 by 4.
    nail.
    hammer.
    head.

/Thread.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him you're lesbian - Job done.

ReputationRep:
    lock your door at night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_LiNk_x)
    Repping you for your avatar :teeth:

Do some bondage with him - tie him up, and strangle him. SAY IT WAS ROLEPLAY DUH.

ReputationRep:
    tell him you understand his position but don't want to be burdened by this. Although, I think he'd just might be trying to win you over. So kick him out if he keeps getting more direct. how old are you people btw? this would maybe help judging your position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_LiNk_x)
    rep for your sig, and partly for your avatar!

(Original post by LuluLawless)
    tell him you understand his position but don't want to be burdened by this. Although, I think he'd just might be trying to win you over. So kick him out if he keeps getting more direct. how old are you people btw? this would maybe help judging your position.
    He is 29 and us other 3 are 22.

ReputationRep:
    difficult to see why you would have let him in in the first place...

try getting your landlord to kick him out.

ReputationRep:
    What country is he from?

ReputationRep:
    oh wow, so he's way older. do you have any say in kicking him out? have you confided in the other two?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.