Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you generally spend doing school work a night? For A Levels watch

ReputationRep:
    roughly nothing.

ReputationRep:
    No minutes!

I use my early morning frees well though. Went into college today at 8:30 to do some English coursework, and I got quite a lot done! I prefer to do all my college work at college, so that I can spend my time at home mooching around and not thinking about it

ReputationRep:
    More than I need to, less than I want to.

ReputationRep:
    mostly do my homework in frees, or last min

ReputationRep:
    Barely anything. The extra reading etc. that we get set I can usually complete in class. For essays I tend to do them at home but on average I only get like 4 or so a term for each subject besides Maths. Its a lot easier than people make out.

ReputationRep:
    about an hour in the evening some nights although I try to finish all my work in my frees.

ReputationRep:
    On a normal weekday pretty much nothing...I have enough frees.
    Sundays are spent catching up on work that should've been in the week before :ninja:
    This all changes during exam time though. Then it's like 6 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_a_z_z)
    I work solidly through all my frees and break/lunch times during the school week and (touch wood) that is generally sufficient to get most work done. I may spend about an hour every week night working aswell if necessary. I have to do more than this at weekends - probably 3/4hours+ on Sundays (usually I try to keep Saturdays as a day off). It is thankfully not too bad at all in my opinion - I find the workload much more manageable than GCSE, and frees are a God-send!
    Do you actually need to do that much though? For A-levels? You shouldn't really..

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did no work!!!
    but work frees usually and, though i have days i do nothing, i probably manage 1 hr or 2 each day
    Doing coursework at the mo and doing 3?hrs after school each day, 4?5? hours each sat and sun...

and before you ask, yes... i also volunteer at the local zoo and museum each week, do something every lunch, am in 4bands/orchestras, horseride, sail and irish dance....

so im not totally isolated and stuck in my room each day!!!

ReputationRep:
    I do nothing. CBA. Just homework during frees. The only time I revise is when the teacher sets up a topic test.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be doing about 20 hours a week in my own time in Year 12, but recently I've barely been doing 10 (because of coursework in controlled conditions).

I really need to pick up the plot again...lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't have many frees. I go into college early and do work for about half an hour (it's amazing how much difference it can make!) I have 3 study periods a week for an hour, then probably do an hour a night at home on weeknights (except for Tuesday when I have work) On Saturdays I do nothing because I work and on Sunday I probably do about 3-4 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I mess about with my friends in frees and study in the evening, about 2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    i did a couple of hours a day (either in frees or in the evening) of homework and then not very much revision.. i'm really bad at revision!

ReputationRep:
    I only did the homework set, the day before it was due in. I revised for exams 4/5 days before them, and managed pretty good grades.

ReputationRep:
    Normally, I do between 1-5 hours a night. I do four essay subjects and Latin, so i'll often have an essay or a translation to do. At the moment, it's coursework time for English, so re-writing that can take a lot of time. I work through my frees quite often as well.

ReputationRep:
    I do as much as I can. Especially with tight deadlines then it is necessary for me.
    Usually I spend certain nights doing coursework/revision but just of late, I do what I can, when I can. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Never more than 2 hours a night maximum, and only then if I've got a History essay due in the next day.

ReputationRep:
    4-5 minutes a night, dedication I know....

ReputationRep:
    3-4 hours
    I do ICT, English lang&lit AND Media, and they're all coursework subjects

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.