Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Valentines- for a girl i like? watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and this girl have been mates now for over a year, we get on well and harmlessley flirt.
    On new years we kissed, but both were very drunk.

The thing is, im 20 and shes 18, but she has never had a serious relationship, and i think is scared.

The girl who works with her and is friends with both of us, keeps saying to me, im not trying hard enough, and prove-in to her! and this is what she wants! but when ever i ask her ona date shes says, we can go out but just as mates.

This friend then told me, the girl i like has told her that she wants everything to be perfect in her first relationship, and she likes soppy and that she does really like me, but wants eveything to be perfect (fantasy world)

Well anyway for valenintines, i thought i will try one last time to WOW her, and be soppy.
    I have wrote a poem which is witty yet sweet, and put it on tea stained paper etc and made it look old, then rolled it and put a bow on it as a scroll.

At the end of the poem is ends with me saying i have booked a table for 2, and where at etc.

I was going to give her this scroll with a rose inbetween secretly, but dont know how yet, with also a card.

Is this a good idea, or me been a ****?

Thanks for n e help, sorry for the essay

ReputationRep:
    omgsh!
    that is just sooo LUSH
    im sure she will love that
    its perfect!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds lovely.

A rose nearly did it for me, now that's a tale.. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    hmm anyone got any ideas how i can secretly give it her, or a way to make it sweet, considering i will have to give it her early mornin on the sunday or the day before

ReputationRep:
    if you wear a stocking over your head and break in at 3am she wont know who it was. Make sure you scream to get her attention

ReputationRep:
    Get the mutual friend to give it to her or if there is somewhere you know she will see it put it there? Could have some sort of note that gives her a clue that there is something waiting in ...... for her & leave the scroll & rose there? I'm sure you'll think of something if you've gone to all that effort already

Good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good idea, but i still dont know where i could leave it ? :/

ReputationRep:
    well what type of work does she do?

ReputationRep:
    its at a pub, but she walks, so cant even ask her mate to try get her keys and put it in her car :/
    I was thinking putting it by her house, but id feel a weirdo sneakin around to hide sumat outside her house lol

ReputationRep:
    Awww that sounds like a great idea, i'm sure she'll love it.....it's really sweet..:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penkwolf)
    Me and this girl have been mates now for over a year, we get on well and harmlessley flirt.
    On new years we kissed, but both were very drunk.

The thing is, im 20 and shes 18, but she has never had a serious relationship, and i think is scared.

The girl who works with her and is friends with both of us, keeps saying to me, im not trying hard enough, and prove-in to her! and this is what she wants! but when ever i ask her ona date shes says, we can go out but just as mates.

This friend then told me, the girl i like has told her that she wants everything to be perfect in her first relationship, and she likes soppy and that she does really like me, but wants eveything to be perfect (fantasy world)

Well anyway for valenintines, i thought i will try one last time to WOW her, and be soppy.
    I have wrote a poem which is witty yet sweet, and put it on tea stained paper etc and made it look old, then rolled it and put a bow on it as a scroll.

At the end of the poem is ends with me saying i have booked a table for 2, and where at etc.

I was going to give her this scroll with a rose inbetween secretly, but dont know how yet, with also a card.

Is this a good idea, or me been a ****?

Thanks for n e help, sorry for the essay
    Bad Idea, send her Birth control pills

ReputationRep:
    if she works at the bar you could ask a regular to give it to her cos then she'd have no idea it was you depends how much you want her to have it if you don't want to give it to her diirectly & to what extent you can do things before she just gets freaked or scared off

ReputationRep:
    haha well it has my name on the end of the card and scroll or else she wouldnt know who is offering to take her out!

But well, argh what can i do?!

Should i give it her sunday morning? or the day before valentines so she has time to think or create plans if she wants to go out for meal?

And also, any other ideas of how i can give it her? :/

ReputationRep:
    I ment if you wanted it as a suprise when she gets to the end of it or know from the moment she starts reading

Either would do I'd have thought, although I'd only leave it til the sunday if you know that she has nothing else planned :rolleyes:

Again good luck & hope other people help you out cos I don't think I'm of much more use

Night

ReputationRep:
    That is pretty sweet, why don't you give it to her parents (assuming she has parents/lives at home etc) and get them to leave it on a table, call her for lunch at 1pm, get her to read it, meet her at the dinner reservation. Done.

ReputationRep:
    u need to make sure she hasnt already got other plans for valentines day...and if she will be allowed out by her rents

ReputationRep:
    thats a good idea, but well i dont know how i would ask her parents to do that? be abit weird!

The only other thing is she has work at 10am on sunday, so could put it under her wipers on the morning, but hope no1 touches it :/

ReputationRep:
    Thats dedication, but me personally i wouldn't risk looking like an idiot, because looks too cheesy and she might have other plans.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    How about you walk in casually give it to her and walk out again? It would be easy and cheer her day up. You dont have to stay there whilst she opens it.

But tell us how it goes, im really curious!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.