Turn on thread page Beta

Kurdish girl, 16, buried alive for talking to boys in Turkey watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Turkish police have recovered the body of a 16-year-old girl they say was buried alive by relatives in an "honour" killing carried out as punishment for talking to boys.
    A so-called honour killing, for bringing the family into disrepute, just for talking to boys? Sick .

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...d-alive-turkey

I agree different cultures are different.

But thats too far.

ReputationRep:
    How many more generations of people do we need to go through before this kind of disgusting behaviour dies out?

ReputationRep:
    Amazing...... and they are seriously wanting to be admitted as a full memeber of the EU?!

ReputationRep:
    Awful

ReputationRep:
    I don't trust the guardian, that hole is probably in Skegness.

ReputationRep:
    That's just disgusting. I mean seriously, Dad didn't have the balls to hear his daughter beg for her life and stare into her eyes as he slit her throat did he? Pathetic the lot of them.

I say Turkey gets some honour back eh? He's made Turkey look bad now, so they need to kill to get honour back, that's how it works right? So why not bury the whole damn family live, a few less pieces of scum in the wild.

WHAT THE HELL! Who looks their own daughter, for what? Is this is about their religion or what? Putting some stupid ancient culture of woman as objects over your own family. We should have nothing to do with countries who won't crack down on that.

ReputationRep:
    tbh I wouldn't be surprised if this is some kind of gay concoction in order to dismiss Turkey as a potential EU country

ReputationRep:
    Disgraceful.

Some cultures exhibit a transparent violation of human rights laws, which is worrying in 21st century society.

ReputationRep:
    is all I can add.

ReputationRep:
    The government will want their heads. They are desperate to join the EU who will be extremely content to pick this as an example of Turkey's vices.

ReputationRep:
    This is why Turkey shouldn't join the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Country, mind. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ok this is making turkish people look real bad. I don't think everyone should stereotype turkish families just because of this particular case. Its like saying all british caretakers are like Ian huntely.
    But seriously how could a man kill his little girl just for speaking to a boy?! How does he expect her to find the man she wants to marry?! (yes I know arranged marriage - but thats ****)

ReputationRep:
    that's most extreme thing i've ever heard

I just never got how you can kill your own daughter cos of what others might think

just wow
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by joey11223)
    We should have nothing to do with countries who won't crack down on that.
    If you actually bother to RTFA, you'll see the Turkish government has already arrested the father and grandfather, who are now pending trial. Is that not "cracking down" hard enough for you? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    oh wow... thats pretty bad innit..

The place where this happened is an extremely impoverished part of Turkey. The people who live in the rural areas are very uneducated and primitive.

They believe that if a girl or woman has any contact with a guy outside marriage, she has "stained" the family's honour. And because the family's honour is seen as extremely important the only way to clean the "stain" is to kill the girl who caused it, usually by her father or the girl's elder brother.

It's very stupid and is wrong in their religion Islam and is against any human morals.

(Original post by RiddleMeThis)
    I don't trust the guardian, that hole is probably in Skegness.
    :rofl:

This was a ridiculous thing to do though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_LiNk_x)
    Disgraceful.

Some cultures exhibit a transparent violation of human rights laws, which is worrying in 21st century society.
    Yup including our country, USA etc...

In the 21st century there should not be any wars.

ReputationRep:
    tell me something new, it's been like this for a long time..

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.