Turn on thread page Beta

Kurdish girl, 16, buried alive for talking to boys in Turkey watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes You Rite I Misunderstood You.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    The article says Turkish, however a bit of lobbying from resident Kemalist mugs on here, claiming she's a Kurd
    Thankyou very much!

ReputationRep:
    What do people always assosite every other turk as a kemalist?

ReputationRep:
    Shocking, R.I.P

(Original post by AYE)
    A lot of honour killings happen in Istanbul according to their own stats, and until recently a person committing an honour killings could claim provocation and get a lighter sentence. So it's not as isolated as one would like to portray.
    Kurds live in Istanbul as well.

(Original post by Roo.s)
    Its very ironic how you can assume that people are 'judging on one group' when you have the cheek to generalise the whole kurdish population as seperatists. Yes, i am a kurdish girl, from Turkey...
    Its people like you who seperate people from one another.
    The news report clearly states that it was a Turkish girl...if she was a Kurd, forget reaching British news reports, it will not even reach Turkish news reports. Its funny how you keep stressing that the girl was Kurdish...so what? She still lives in Turkey and she still is human.
    The fact that you call yourself a "Kurdish girl from Turkey" proves my point.

Such a shame, you could have made a fine Turk. :sigh:

(Original post by Roo.s)
    QUOTE=RamocitoMorales]For your information Kurdistan did exist but was taken away by four different countries, so, Kurdistan for kurds still does exist. It certainly still exists for me whether it has a name on the world map or not.
    No, that was the Ottoman Empire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    The fact that you call yourself a "Kurdish girl from Turkey" proves my point.

Such a shame, you could have made a fine Turk. :sigh:
    No, you did not prove anything with me calling myself a Kurdish girl thats from Turkey. Just because I am from Turkey that don't make me a Turk, not that I have anything against them. If i was truly a Turk i would call myself a Turk it's not like i'd be embarassed by my own nationality, i would probably be as proud as you are . Your a Turk that lives in England, presumably you was born here...that don't make you English does it?.

ReputationRep:
    No, that was the Ottoman Empire.
    And your point is? It still existed no matter how long ago it was. If it wasn't split between 4 different countries there would still be a Kurdistan and all this dumb conflict between Turks and Kurds would not exist.

ReputationRep:
    R.I.P. girl, you didn't deserve death.

I don't think this should prevent turkey from joining the EU, murders sadly happen everywhere and its not like the turkish govt permits honour killings.

(Original post by Roo.s)
    No, you did not prove anything with me calling myself a Kurdish girl thats from Turkey. Just because I am from Turkey that don't make me a Turk, not that I have anything against them.

If someone possesses a Turkish passport then they are Turkish. And I've also noticed that you can speak Turkish, since you have an A in A level Turkish.

So, you're Turkish.

(Original post by Roo.s)
    Your a Turk that lives in England, presumably you was born here...that don't make you English does it?.
    No, it makes me British.

ReputationRep:
    That's horrific! I may try discussing this with a turkish friend of mine!

ReputationRep:
    Kurds live in Istanbul as well.
    So do Turks, plus the Turkish courts back them up i.e. my second point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I'm sorry, is that comment about being stupid aimed at me or the person I quoted?
    its being stupidly aimed at the person who cant get a hint

ReputationRep:
    If someone possesses a Turkish passport then they are Turkish. And I've also noticed that you can speak Turkish, since you have an A in A level Turkish.

So, you're Turkish.

No, it makes me British.
    i guess it depends on what you mean when you say kurdish or british etc. If someone carries a UK passport then they are of British nationality, but if their family was originally form Turkey/Kurdistan then they are of Kurdish/Turkish descent, so it would be correct in saying that you are Kurdish/Turkish. Besides, an A level in a language doesn't determine your cultural descent :p:

ReputationRep:

So, you're Turkish.

No, it makes me British.
    1) Kurds are not entitled to their own 'passports', it don't even exist.
    2) I don't have a Turkish Passport
    3) like you said, it makes you British...but it don't make you English. Same goes for me; it wouldnt make me Turkish even if i did have one.
    4) Having an A at Turkish also doesn't make me a Turk, it shows that im good with the language thats all. I have a C in Spanish, you can't say i am Spanish now can you?
    5) If i was Turkish i'd hold my head up high and say it straight up...but im not . I may speak Turkish, eat Turkish, carry a Turkish passport...but at the end of the day it will never change the fact that i am a kurd. Most of my mates are Turks, so don't get me wrong its not like i have a grudge against Turks.
    I think we are going completely off topic now so i apologise to people that are having to read all these posts. .

ReputationRep:
    WTF is wrong with people?! Srsly, culture my ass. That's just murder, and in ANY "culture" that is unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all a fan of the place and this just reinforces that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    1) Paedophilia is not a problem, child molestation is. They are two separate things. One is a harmless attraction, the other is the physical abuse of a child.

2) Child molestation isn't a cultural export of Austria.

3) You are completely correct that we have no chance of peace in this world. Not while there are people with vastly different, and extremely intolerable cultures and practices - especially in religious states, and particularly in Muslim ones.

I would gladly give up world peace if it means remaining intolerant of Islamic culture. World peace isn't WORTH it if it means we have to accept, import, and encourage Islamic culture and practice.

And what the hell is a "liberal muslim"? Sounds like a synonym for "hypocrite" to me.
    Liberal Muslims dont Practice the Saudi Version of Islam, Since Saudis only make 0.2% of muslims, most of Muslims are liberal

ReputationRep:
    insanee

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.