Turn on thread page Beta

Kurdish girl, 16, buried alive for talking to boys in Turkey watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowl)
    i aint wrong....your telling me islam tells you to kill your children for doing such foolish act ie talking to boys....

there is many muslim who talk to boys and yet don't get in trouble for example me i am a muslim and my parents arent strict plus it doesn't say in the quran that you should kill your children for talking to boys but it does say that you should mix with boys.
    It's when people take the scripture literally, things like this happen. Look at Saudi Arabia; the Qur'an is the main proponent of their constitution.

It's no coincidence that this kingdom also happens to be the most misogynistic.

ReputationRep:
    How primitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    A so-called honour killing, for bringing the family into disrepute, just for talking to boys? Sick .

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...d-alive-turkey
    This is why they shouldnt be part of the EU..

She was a Kurdish Turk. Please don't judge Turkey based on one example, this sort of thing has happened before in the Kurdish community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowl)
    After i saw what you just wrote i had to say something back..... It has nothing to do with gods okay so don't ******* say that you don't know the first thing about allah so ******* get your facts right before you type loads of nonesence......

FYI it's to do with their culture not there religion you spaz

No it is to do with certain groups of Muslims. Not all muslims would bury a girl alive for talking to boys,but the problem is the koran is being *******ised and manipulated by Islamic extremists. Giving interpretations where this kind of disgusting act that belongs in the middleages ,is seen as justice.

The difference with most fundementalist christians is, the worst they will do is rant and rave about jesus and just basically annoy people.Islamic fundementalists will respond violently to any criticism of their religion, have extreme views regarding conversion that are similar to how the catholics went on many years ago,and have views on homosexuality and women that do not belong in a civilised society. When you have a combination of this and disaffected youth in the muslim community it can boil over.

Sticking your head in the sand and claiming it is not about religion has been the mistake many in power have made in this country and are just waking up to it. It isn't PC for instance to label members of a religious group as terrorists or potential ones. Sure we do have other non muslim extremists and terrorists in this country. We have dissadent republicans and members of far right groups. But none of them were able to commit an atrocity to the same level as 9/11 or the London tube bombings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Amazing...... and they are seriously wanting to be admitted as a full memeber of the EU?!
    It's not like this sort of thing hasn't happened in the UK, though, is it?

For **** sake, she's Kurdish! There was a similar incident involving a Kurdish girl about half a year ago.

She's being called "Turkish" because the country 'Kurdistan' does not exist. We have many different peoples in Turkey, don't judge us based on one group. Especially when they're separatists.

ReputationRep:
    How can people honestly be saying **** like "turkey can't or shouldn't join the EU" because of this. This represents Turkey no more than Baby P and the Soham murders represent Britain.

(Original post by paella)
    How can people honestly be saying **** like "turkey can't or shouldn't join the EU" because of this. This represents Turkey no more than Baby P and the Soham murders represents Britain. **** off you racist *****.
    For crying out loud, look at the region where this took place. The girl is Kurdish. A Kurdish honour killing happened in England a few months ago!

ReputationRep:
    LONDON (Reuters) - A Kurdish woman was brutally raped, stamped on and strangled by members of her family and their friends in an "honor killing" carried out at her London home because she had fallen in love with the wrong man.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1919223520070719

http://www.kwrw.org/kwahk/index.asp?id=69

yes, kick england out of the EU

(Original post by Adonis)
    LONDON (Reuters) - A Kurdish woman was brutally raped, stamped on and strangled by members of her family and their friends in an "honor killing" carried out at her London home because she had fallen in love with the wrong man.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1919223520070719

http://www.kwrw.org/kwahk/index.asp?id=69

yes, kick england out of the EU
    Thank you, I couldn't find that example myself. But the case in Turkey was also of a Kurdish girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    No it is to do with certain groups of Muslims. Not all muslims would bury a girl alive for talking to boys,but the problem is the koran is being *******ised and manipulated by Islamic extremists. Giving interpretations where this kind of disgusting act that belongs in the middleages ,is seen as justice.

The difference with most fundementalist christians is, the worst they will do is rant and rave about jesus and just basically annoy people.Islamic fundementalists will respond violently to any criticism of their religion, have extreme views regarding conversion that are similar to how the catholics went on many years ago,and have views on homosexuality and women that do not belong in a civilised society. When you have a combination of this and disaffected youth in the muslim community it can boil over.

Sticking your head in the sand and claiming it is not about religion has been the mistake many in power have made in this country and are just waking up to it. It isn't PC for instance to label members of a religious group as terrorists or potential ones. Sure we do have other non muslim extremists and terrorists in this country. We have dissadent republicans and members of far right groups. But none of them were able to commit an atrocity to the same level as 9/11 or the London tube bombings.

WTF did you just call the quran a *******..... you have no clue what your on about...and the quran doesn't manipulate anybody...there is cwertain muslim who chose to use the quran for the wrong reason and that is their problem but you can't say that at all. coz it aint tru

ReputationRep:
    one word-disgusting

(Original post by help_jordan)
    one word-disgusting
    Not as disgusting as the ignorance displayed in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    So you're saying that a few comments made on an internet forum which you happen to disagree with, are worse than an 'honour' killing of a 16 year old child?

Wow, I'm speechless.

ReputationRep:
    And this is why all organised religion needs to die.

However this should in no way affect Turkey's chances at joining the EU (unless it can be proven that the family won't be tried fairly in a court of law).

Omg seriously NO-ONE cares that it was Kurdish people. STFU already.

(Original post by paddy)
    Omg seriously NO-ONE cares that it was Kurdish people. STFU already.
    So what's the point of this thread, if people are using it as a reason to hate Turkish people?

ReputationRep:
    I think I saw someone say something similar but yeah.

I don't give a **** how different some cultures, religions, belief systems or anything are, some things are just wrong. Acts like this are 'backwards' and disgusting.

Also, isn't the basis for many honour killings religious teachings? Yeah, you totally need religion to act morally hurrrdurrr.

ReputationRep:
    That's actually really struck a nerve with me, I almost had tears in my eyes reading that. How can people do such a thing?

ReputationRep:
    So what's the point of this thread, if people are using it as a reason to hate Turkish people?
    That's not the reason of the thread though, just what some people in the thread think (like how some people are morons).

The reason of the thread is to highlight the fact that this kind of thing still happens, it's got nothing to do with Turkey itself (this is the first time I've heard of an Honour killing in Turkey, but I've heard of it happening in a lot of other places including the UK).

And stop saying Kurdish people aren't Turkish. As long as they're in your country because they don't have their own country then they are Turkish. Saying "oh but they're not Turkish" is a childish way of saying that it's got nothing to do with Turkey when it obviously does.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.