Turn on thread page Beta

Kurdish girl, 16, buried alive for talking to boys in Turkey watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    It's not like this sort of thing hasn't happened in the UK, though, is it?
    No - but we dont get 200 honour killings a year do we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibaad'Allaah)
    Sometimes I wonder whether you or anyone espousing such views would dare to do so publically.

Where in Islaam is their advocation of the action in question?
    The internet is publicly? Members of the public can view it as can agents of the state.

The UK isn't Saudi Arabia. I don't say anything on here I wouldn't say face to face with people. Murdering girls for talking to boys is pathetic, almost as bad as stoning homosexuals and apostates.

Islam is dependent on excessive force to enforce its unnatural moral codes on populations. This is why it is so barbaric. Whilst I agree that the family in Turkey represent a degenerate Islamic culture, I do not personally believe that this degenerate culture is in the minority across the entire Islamic world.

Turkey wont be joining the EU. Sarkozy gave the French a constitutional amendment to vote on it. As long as any European nation that doesn't exist in the shadow of Turkey's armies has a democratic say on the issue; that is how it will be.

ReputationRep:
    Lol Owned

ReputationRep:
    Wow digusting. I'm not going to make any comments regarding Turkey because I'm clearly biased. What I will say is that I'm not surprised, I'm still waiting to be able to be allowed into to my families house which was stolen from us. But hey I'm just one of a few hundred thousand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinishHim!)
    This is why Turkey shouldn't join the EU.

Turkey is a huge country and it's very important to note that this happened in the Kurdish part of Turkey, a place which has long suffered with extremism and tends to be seriously religious (remember, this end of Turkey borders on places like Iraq) - there's a very big difference between the east and the west of Turkey and the people who live at each end.

I don't know a single Turk who would condone this sort of behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowl)
    WTF did you just call the quran a *******..... you have no clue what your on about...and the quran doesn't manipulate anybody...there is cwertain muslim who chose to use the quran for the wrong reason and that is their problem but you can't say that at all. coz it aint tru

Look up the meaning of the word *******ized..... Thats not what I said at all. I also didn't say it manipulated people either.As usual it's the human beings who use these words for their own nerfarious ends. It has happened throughout history both in Islam and christianity.

I believe in god but frankly I hate all organised religion, that goes for islam, judaism and christianity. Because evil people in all these religions manipulate ,cause division and wars and take money off the people they draw both in the past and too the present day. It's just right now Islam seems to have more of the nuts who are prepared to use violence than other religions.

ReputationRep:
    **** happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Not as disgusting as the ignorance displayed in this thread.

If you don't like it petition your Government to purge these primitives who do this to girls so then they do not stain the reputation of turkey. If a group of people lived like this in this country I would be writing to my MP everyday, and join any kind of protest group which was setup. I would also give a as much money as I could to any charity set up to help these girls.

(Original post by Riderz)
    No - but we dont get 200 honour killings a year do we?
    Nah we get 200 stabbed to death and left to die on the street.

Much better.

ReputationRep:
    After i saw what you just wrote i had to say something back..... It has nothing to do with gods okay so don't ******* say that you don't know the first thing about allah so ******* get your facts right before you type loads of nonesence......

FYI it's to do with their culture not there religion you spaz
    Nice negging:
    received on: 05-02-2010 08:43
    What's the chance of you getting blown up now?
    (Original post by Adonis)
    LONDON (Reuters) - A Kurdish woman was brutally raped, stamped on and strangled by members of her family and their friends in an "honor killing" carried out at her London home because she had fallen in love with the wrong man.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1919223520070719

http://www.kwrw.org/kwahk/index.asp?id=69

yes, kick england out of the EU
    Oh look, another honour killing - I wonder which religion these people belong to... hmmm, that's not difficult :rolleyes:

WTF did you just call the quran a *******..... you have no clue what your on about...and the quran doesn't manipulate anybody...there is cwertain muslim who chose to use the quran for the wrong reason and that is their problem but you can't say that at all. coz it aint tru
    I would recommend you watch "Fitna" by geert wilders (who's been given dozens of death threats and has to live with 24/7 security after what's happened to other critics like Theo Van Gogh.

No other reason has as many people who preach violence, not even close - you can't blame that on coincidence.

(Original post by RyanT)
    The UK isn't Saudi Arabia. I don't say anything on here I wouldn't say face to face with people. Murdering girls for talking to boys is pathetic, almost as bad as stoning homosexuals and apostates.

Islam is dependent on excessive force to enforce its unnatural moral codes on populations. This is why it is so barbaric. Whilst I agree that the family in Turkey represent a degenerate Islamic culture, I do not personally believe that this degenerate culture is in the minority across the entire Islamic world.
    Couldn't agree more.

Our rights to freedom of speech, freedom of association, our freedom of how to behave, our freedom of sexuality. All of these things are worth defending, and that is why I would not allow islam, or any other religion, to take over. Quite literally it will be over my dead body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    In the UK there's been numerous cases of young children raping, torturing and murdering other children e.g. Jamie Bulger and the most recent case seen a few weeks ago. Austria is still part of the EU and the Josef Fritzl was arguably one of the worst individual crimes of the 21st century. It depends on how the Turkish authorities deal with the case rather than what crime was actually committed.
    Yes but I think the point is that there are no communities in England and Austria or for that matter most of the other EU countries where child torture, murder and rape is a part of the culture. At the end of the day, there are parts of Turkey that believe honour killings are justifiable. In my opinion it's fine to object to Turkey joining the EU when significant proportions of it's population have this medieval, backward mindset.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on why are people talking about it like it's a Turkish custom. Most Turkish girls talk to guys, I used to live in the Middle East and teenagers go on dates - and even if they don't they do hang out with the opposite sex. This is a tragic case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyJaneGrey)
    Yes but I think the point is that there are no communities in England and Austria or for that matter most of the other EU countries where child torture, murder and rape is a part of the culture. At the end of the day, there are parts of Turkey that believe honour killings are justifiable. In my opinion it's fine to object to Turkey joining the EU when significant proportions of it's population have this medieval, backward mindset.
    Although I can see your point, couldn't it also be argued that by exposing these people to the standards and freedoms of the more liberal EU, that their culture could also become more liberal and relaxed as they actively see that there are other options open to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    What are you talking about, silly little boy, get the hell off!
    Actually she has a point. And arnt you the person who was going to commit suicide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chassi)
    Although I can see your point, couldn't it also be argued that by exposing these people to the standards and freedoms of the more liberal EU, that their culture could also become more liberal and relaxed as they actively see that there are other options open to them?
    That's true...but it all depends on their mindset. Either these extremist communities can become liberal and relaxed or they can tighten their grip on their traditions as they see their way of life being threatened.

ReputationRep:
    I heard this story before, but this is the first time I've read that the family was Kurdish. I'm betting that this is creating a ********* within Turkey... why do Kurds deserve independence if they kill their own kind, even for that sacred thing, "honour"? There will be no reconciliation if you forbid mingling and hate each other to the extent that you will kill your own family in the name of hatred. This is not honourable, it's shameful.

I'm not entirely sure about the Kurd-Turk hatred that this points to. The article doesn't seem to refer to Kurds. Nonetheless my total disdain for honour killings stands.

A capital offence, I'd say. Shame that Turkey doesn't have capital justice anymore. Thanks EU entry requirements. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyJaneGrey)
    Is there evidence that huge sections of Turkey's population behave in this manner and it is acceptable in the Turkish community? She's not even Turkish but Kurdish , who are a minority group, different to the Turks and don't share the same values or culture as the Turks.

ReputationRep:
    Like others said, Turkey is definately not ready for the EU!

ReputationRep:
    ******* muslim countries are so backward

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.