The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That's really sad :frown: just for talking to boys! Tis hard for me to understand...
Reply 101
pina.Love
Ok this is making turkish people look real bad. I don't think everyone should stereotype turkish families just because of this particular case. Its like saying all british caretakers are like Ian huntely.
)

The Guardian
Official figures have indicated that more than 200 such killings take place each year, accounting for around half of all murders in Turkey.

If there were more than 200 Ian Huntley's per year I'm sure Britain would start getting a reputation...
Reply 102
why is this a factor against torkey joining the EU... if one crazy family makes it so i propose the case of the two boys who attempted murder at the age of 9/10 and baby p case
Reply 103
mathperson
What are you talking about, silly little boy, get the hell off!

it's like this... just because you're stupid doesnt mean everyone on TSR is.
Chavs in england commit crimes just as bad as this incident... you wouldnt say **** the english they dont deserve to be in EU do you?

Get educated.
Reply 104
I was fine until i read this thread now i'm, feeling a little weird... nothing a bit of Mass Effect 2 can't cure !!
Tut.exe
it's like this... just because you're stupid doesnt mean everyone on TSR is.
Chavs in england commit crimes just as bad as this incident... you wouldnt say **** the english they dont deserve to be in EU do you?

Get educated.

I'm sorry, is that comment about being stupid aimed at me or the person I quoted?
Deeply sad and disappointing that this kind of thing happens in Turkey, which is supposed to be the leading secularist progressive light in the Muslim world.

It may be happening in more backward regions of Turkey, but from this report, 200 such deaths a year according to Turkey's own figures, its not a singular incident. And its not like drug addicted dropouts or chavy teenagers doing this, its the official patriarchal leadership of families, its grown and old men sitting around deliberating and deciding this is the just thing to do, its cultural rather than an unfortunate aberration. In other parts of Turkey this is probably less prevalent and its encouraging that the government arrests people and has statistics on the subject, but still, truly shocking.

Coming from the Guardian, who are the most pro Islam pro multiculturalism as a doctrine major newspaper, its laughable that anyone is in denial about the truth of this story.
:sigh: How can anyone do that to even their own family? Like talking to a boy is on the same level as something like sleeping with one or flashing herself. :no:
Moral relativism is really superb at giving legitimacy to atrocities.
FinishHim!
This is why Turkey shouldn't join the EU.

So should we kick Austria out because of Josef Fritzl? Idiot.

:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Reply 110
Srxjer
Notice these all have something in common?

It's revolting what some people do for their God. This murderer obviously feared the notion of hell more than he loved his daughter.

What specific religious doctrine instructs worshippers to carry out the honour killings of their daughters? It's news to me
Reply 111
Meus
What specific religious doctrine instructs worshippers to carry out the honour killings of their daughters? It's news to me

It's just a hunch, but it probably had something to do with a passage not too dissimilar to this:

4:15 As for those of your women who are guilty of lewdness, call to witness four of you against them. And if they testify (to the truth of the allegation) then confine them to the houses until death take them or (until) Allah appoint for them a way (through new legislation).
The slut deserved it.

Kidding.
xXx_pUnK_pOp_pRiNcEsS_xXx
So should we kick Austria out because of Josef Fritzl? Idiot.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is locking one's child in a basement a relatively common cultural practice in Austria?

Perhaps provide a credible argument, rather than spewing juvenile insults.
FinishHim!
Is locking one's child in a basement a relatively common cultural practice in Austria?

Perhaps provide a credible argument, rather than spewing juvenile insults.

Yeah, half of all Turkish murders are honour killings; says alot about the culture.
Rucklo

We better be removed then?

Be nice if we were.
Maybe allowing them to join could have a positive effect on this kind of culture of behaviour. It will be criticised, condemned even more so by other members/countries of the EU and media, more so than before; it won't just be something you occasionally hear about.

Ignoring them or ignoring the country will still mean this sort of thing will happen, even worse so it will be happening behind closed doors, out of view of the rest of the EU. If they join then perhaps more could be done about it and other such incidents..

If something is wrong or bad ignoring it isn't necessarily the best way to deal with it. Bring the issue/s into the open, publically attack and criticising it may help more so than brushing it under the carpet and proclaiming the country as 'old fashioned' or 'out of touch with modern culture or human rights' and so forth.
Reply 117
The EU is falling apart as it is, believe me, Turks only want to join becuase they see nothing but BMW's and Benz's, hot sexy chicks, and an insanely extra ordinary way of so called "life." They see all this from MTV.

If they really knew what the EU was, they would spit at the membership. Most if not all countires that have enterd the EU are trying to find a way to get out of it. They got what ever good left of countries, slapped them all together into a mega **** hole.

So please for the love of God, stop bragging about the EU like its paradise. Becuase its closer to hell then it is heaven. I would get scared to walk down my own street after dark when I was living in London... Oops, what am I talking about, we have human rights and are civilized arn't we? Why was a I scared? I must be crazy.
Turkey won't join the EU while France are in it. The french are completely against the Turks whilst the Greeks & Cypriots aren't exactly fond of them either. The german population is against them as there is a large number of immigrants there who are seen to cause trouble. The main worry is that by letting them in there will be an influx of immigrants unless a cap is put on by the individual governments of the EU countries which of course Britain won't do. Of course not forgetting that they're occupying a member state which contravenes about every EU rule going including the ones on the specific shape of carrots.
Reply 119
Charlski
Turkey is a huge country and it's very important to note that this happened in the Kurdish part of Turkey, a place which has long suffered with extremism and tends to be seriously religious (remember, this end of Turkey borders on places like Iraq) - there's a very big difference between the east and the west of Turkey and the people who live at each end.

I don't know a single Turk who would condone this sort of behaviour.

A lot of honour killings happen in Istanbul according to their own stats, and until recently a person committing an honour killings could claim provocation and get a lighter sentence. So it's not as isolated as one would like to portray.

RamocitoMorales
For **** sake, she's Kurdish! There was a similar incident involving a Kurdish girl about half a year ago.

She's being called "Turkish" because the country 'Kurdistan' does not exist. We have many different peoples in Turkey, don't judge us based on one group. Especially when they're separatists.

When they want their own country, they are called mountain turks, but when they're committing disgusting acts like this they are completely different race and culture, right?

btw the link doesn't say she Kurdish or not, and Turks live in Iraq, so I'm guessing there could be some Turks living in S.E Turkey as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending