Turn on thread page Beta

Kurdish girl, 16, buried alive for talking to boys in Turkey watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In every sense this is top notch comedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right>Left)
    islam.......
    This......

ReputationRep:
    can people stop defending islam and what not...all females on here know islam have a terrible track record when it comes to women...yet they don't want to be seen as racists so they defend them endlessly, even though they know there is clearly a problem. Females of TSR put yourselves into the shoes of an islamic women in an islamic country and then try and be a lovely liberal islam defender.

All religions are an utter joke by the way...particularly the abrahamic(i think that's the right word) ones....problem comes is when they follow them by the word and follow it in an extreme way.

End religion today....read a science book...educate yourself....do something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    Says who? I very much doubt that was the interpretation in mind when the Qur'an was written in 600AD. Or the interpretation and order people carried out for over a thousand years afterwards. Even to this day - as the statistics of 'honor' killings per year shows us.

And even if it was just sex outside of marriage, it's still a revolting passage that blatantly endorses murder.

Pretty nice God you've got there.
    God made Hell and Heaven. I think that says more than any adjective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjon123)
    Paradox?

You seem to believe that a theist gets their morals from their religion. If the same morals existed before the religion, I fail to see how they get it from their religion. Explain?
    It's not a paradox, no. I said that it doesn't HAVE to be the cause that your morals need to be dictated to you in the form of a book, or a list of rules. But unfortunately, that is the case for many religious people.

Lots of religious people DO get their morals from religion. How else can you justify some of the things that are done in the name of God?

Morality is ever-changing, and progressing. What is 'acceptable' in Britain today is entirely different from what was 'acceptable' in Britain hundreds, thousands of years ago. It is natural for morality to progress and evolve. But this does not seem to be the case in many countries. Many countries have not evolved their morality since medieval times. Why is this? Because of religion.

Religion takes the morality of medieval times and compounds it in a book that is copied and spread for thousands of years, hence meaning that the morality of the day it was written is propagated through generations.

By rights, the eastern and Islamic world should have progressed morally as far as we have. However, their culture has been dominated by a religion which is obsessed with the moral zeitgeist from 6th century AD, and so they are constrained from moral progression by Islam.

We, in the West, suffered a similar fate at the hands of Christianity, but we have since managed to shake it off and return to our evolution and progression of morality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Not that many who are stabbed have been involved in knife crime themselves.

I remember a statistic that something like 72% of those stabbed last year in Britain had a clean criminal record.
    The vast majority of those involved in knife crime have clean criminal records.

You provided a beautiful statistic, but it doesn't imply what you said it implies - that people with clean criminal records aren't involved in knife crime.

Most chavs who are involved in knife crime are simply to young to have previous charges before they end up getting stabbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    can people stop defending islam and what not...all females on here know islam have a terrible track record when it comes to women...yet they don't want to be seen as racists so they defend them endlessly, even though they know there is clearly a problem. Females of TSR put yourselves into the shoes of an islamic women in an islamic country and then try and be a lovely liberal islam defender.

All religions are an utter joke by the way...particularly the abrahamic(i think that's the right word) ones....problem comes is when they follow them by the word and follow it in an extreme way.

End religion today....read a science book...educate yourself....do something.
    In the words of Pat Condell: "What happened to all the feminists?"

One minute we can't get rid of them, and then Islam shows up, and suddenly you can't find a single woman willing to speak up for the rights of Islamic women.

Liberal hypocrites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    It's when people take the scripture literally, things like this happen. Look at Saudi Arabia; the Qur'an is the main proponent of their constitution.

It's no coincidence that this kingdom also happens to be the most misogynistic.
    Can you find one verse (any interpretation, literal or allegorical) in the Quran that advocates killing your daughter for talking to a boy? There are tens of verses in the Quran opposing this act.

Is the Quran the main proponent of Saudi Arabia's consitution? A large proportion of Sharia law has no basis from the Quran. Please do not assume that the current barbaric religion being displayed in the Middle East under the banner of "Islam" has any backing from the Quran - this may seem strange, but this "Islam" is completely contradictory to the islam based on the Quran alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    It's not a paradox, no. I said that it doesn't HAVE to be the cause that your morals need to be dictated to you in the form of a book, or a list of rules. But unfortunately, that is the case for many religious people.

Lots of religious people DO get their morals from religion. How else can you justify some of the things that are done in the name of God?

Morality is ever-changing, and progressing. What is 'acceptable' in Britain today is entirely different from what was 'acceptable' in Britain hundreds, thousands of years ago. It is natural for morality to progress and evolve. But this does not seem to be the case in many countries. Many countries have not evolved their morality since medieval times. Why is this? Because of religion.

Religion takes the morality of medieval times and compounds it in a book that is copied and spread for thousands of years, hence meaning that the morality of the day it was written is propagated through generations.

By rights, the eastern and Islamic world should have progressed morally as far as we have. However, their culture has been dominated by a religion which is obsessed with the moral zeitgeist from 6th century AD, and so they are constrained from moral progression by Islam.

We, in the West, suffered a similar fate at the hands of Christianity, but we have since managed to shake it off and return to our evolution and progression of morality.
    I want to test if god is really real... I kill some one. I am imprisoned and I tell the judge that I was testing God. I massacre 2000 children to test god... Atheism extremism? My guess is that these people thought that they good get less of a time or maybe they were deluded :confused:.

Also, do not forget if I have a political/economical agenda then I will no doubt try and get a group of people together, now the way we do this is the tricky part. The easiest thing to do is unite them through religion or nationally.

PS No Muslim majority country can be considered developed. China moral is different to west morals. Both are progressing, would you not say? Also, statistics for the bolded part.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible

The vast majority of those involved in knife crime have clean criminal records.

You provided a beautiful statistic, but it doesn't imply what you said it implies - that people with clean criminal records aren't involved in knife crime.

Most chavs who are involved in knife crime are simply to young to have previous charges before they end up getting stabbed.
    If you are not charged with a crime, you are innocent in the eyes of the law.

ReputationRep:
    Classic. One extreme example of clear violation against Human Rights and suddenly the whole population are labelled.

ReputationRep:
    Also, any of you idiots who think that Britain is as bad as the Islamic world for crime and violence would do well to read this week's feature article in The Economist: How Broken is Britain?

The answer is a resounding "not very", and the statistics which support that conclusion will bowl you and your misconceptions right over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    If you are not charged with a crime, you are innocent in the eyes of the law.
    If you are involved in knife crime, and never get caught, you are guilty, and I don't give a **** what the law says.

The law is an arbitrary list of rules written by middle and upper class morons with no real perspective of justice and societal behaviour in modern Britain. Anybody who treats it as an authority on defining "innocence" is kidding themselves.

The statistics you have given do not indicate what you claim they indicate.

If you are involved in knife crime, and never get caught, you are guilty, and I don't give a **** what the law says.

The law is an arbitrary list of rules written by middle and upper class morons with no real perspective of justice and societal behaviour in modern Britain. Anybody who treats it as an authority on defining "innocence" is kidding themselves.

The statistics you have given do not indicate what you claim they indicate.
    What proof do you have that these people who are stabbed have been involved in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjon123)
    The text is refering to sex outside marriage, zina.

Epic fail, turkey is a secular state.

Culuture...
    not an epic fail yes it may be secular but it is still a predominantly muslim country. and culture and religion are very closely entwined...retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiddleMeThis)
    tbh I wouldn't be surprised if this is some kind of gay concoction in order to dismiss Turkey as a potential EU country
    The person who wrote this is permanently banned...? I'm thinking he just uncovered the big secret and mi5 have got involved. If I get banned, i'll know its true.

ReputationRep:
    They believe that if a girl or woman has any contact with a guy outside marriage, she has "stained" the family's honour. And because the family's honour is seen as extremely important the only way to clean the "stain" is to kill the girl who caused it, usually by her father or the girl's elder brother.

It's very stupid and is wrong in their religion Islam and is against any human morals
    That not all about cause by islam....
    I as Islam also condenm this murder if it really happen....
    Islam encourege all the muslim to respect the human right....
    it's all just because the Kurdish to obses with their culture....

ReputationRep:
    This is a reason why Turkey have no hope in hell of successfully getting into the EU. If they carry on this, they will be just going further away from that candidacy. Honour killing is completely wrong in every sense and it's shocking to see that some cultures still think it's right to carry out such a disgusting and vile crime. Honestly, most people in the west couldn't care less if you talk to someone the opposite sex, so what?! But is it that badly punishable in other countries? Damn. This leaves me one question:

Not even joking. This is disgusting. Her father and grandfather should be shot or hanged for this. This is extremism. If a religion can possibly do this and say its right, it just can't be right (Can someone who practices Islam clarify this for me?). If so, Shariah law can **** off (not being offensive or anything, but this is just my opinion) in trying to get it enforced in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Culture not religion as many tremendously ignorant people here don't realise.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.