Turn on thread page Beta

******* can't stop being sick after alcohol watch

Hii
    So I've been like an average teenager/young adult etc, getting smashed very regularly for like the past 3 years. Anyway, in the past, I used to only be sick if I had drunk REALLY excessively that night, and it was so so rare to be sick the day after alcohol, this would only happen on literally ridiculous occasions, like new years, etc. However, recently, my life is like a living hell the day after drinking. I'm sick multiple times and feel like ****. The other week I was even throwing up like 2 days after drinking. It happens even if I've not drunk that much! If i've drunk enough to make me even slightly drunk, i'll throw up the next day.

Right.
    A) Why has this started happening? Could I have something wrong with me?
    B) Is there anything I can do to make myself less likely to be sick the next day? (Don't say don't drink, I'm not STUPID)

Oh, btw, I almost never throw up on the actual night of drinking, but the next day.

ReputationRep:
    Irritated stomach much? Stop going out so much and give your body a break from all the ethanol.

WTF - I didn't say stop drinking altogether, I said drink less frequently?

ReputationRep:
    Heres a couple of things you can try:

- Eat alot before drinking.

- Drink slowly.

- Monitor how much you drink, i.e. know your limits.

- Drink plenty of water after.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you go out on a relatively full stomach. I will never forget the night I went out on an empty stomach - I drank the same amount I usually do but I was 10x worse than usual.

(Original post by x_LiNk_x)
    Heres a couple of things you can try:

- Eat alot before drinking.

- Drink slowly.

- Monitor how much you drink, i.e. know your limits.

- Drink plenty of water after.
    I do drink slowly though! My friends are always like DOWN IT DOWN IT but I never doooo, I just sip/take small gulps. I don't even get that pissed these days

ReputationRep:
    It's going to suck for you, but it sounds as if you need to take a month or two off from drinking. Give your body time to recover and hopefully you'll go back to the way you were

ReputationRep:
    Your liver is sick of it and taking a stand.

Have a good sized meal before you go out. That's what I do and I've yet to be sick from drinking nor have I ever had a hangover.

Ahh, 3am bread and water to prevent it from EVER happening. :P

ReputationRep:
    You could just be alergic.

ReputationRep:
    stop drinking

/thread

Then stop doing it you piece of smart **** :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    stop drinking.....your body will thank you!

My post says not to include options that include not drinking.

ReputationRep:
    If it really is after a very small amount then do the sensible thing and see a doctor. It's not rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a boy or girl?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently drinking milk when you get in helps... and obviously don't mix, don't drink stuff that tastes **** (that's usually the reason I end up being sick).

(Original post by paddyman4)
    Are you a boy or girl?
    girl

ReputationRep:
    Deff have a pint of water before going to sleep.

The next day is suggest something like a lucozade or a 7-up as soon as you wake up, followed by a black coffee and toast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    girl

Well it's a bit out there, but depending on how recently this has been going on, being sick in mornings after ingesting toxins => pregnant?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If you are now being sick after a small amount of drink (I mean actually small-medium, not small as in only staggering drunk but not yet sick) then go to the doctor, you could be messing up your liver.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.