Turn on thread page Beta

Nigel Farage vs John Bercow watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Bercow is a disgusting little excuse for a man, he has no respect what so ever for the speaker's chair. I wish Nigel the very, very best of luck against the swine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    BUT BUT BUT

He refuses to wear the traditional speakers outfit.
    The *******!
    To bloody true old boy!!

ReputationRep:
    Throw the rascals out! They've sold our country down the bloody drain and now it's time for them to pay!

I would love to see Farage in parliament, he would be one of the most libertarian MP's there are (yes, yes, even despite the burkha ban.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Throw the rascals out! They've sold our country down the bloody drain and now it's time for them to pay!
    Hang the liberals. They've sold our country down the bloody drain more so than racists.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope Farage can win. I think he'll have a positive effect in parliament

ReputationRep:
    Bercow is an absolute **** and, despite being a pro-EU Tory, I want Farage to win.

ReputationRep:
    Bercow's personality annoys me; his lack of respect for the position he holds disgusts me.

Even if he does cling on to his seat, I very much expect that there will at least be a division at the start of the next Parliament on whether to keep him as speaker.

That said, I do wonder whether Farage in Parliament would actually do the eurosceptic cause any good...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know that much about John Bercow's past, but despite him not conforming to the traditions of parliament he seems to have made a good speaker so far - especially pushing for reform of select committees etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    Bercow's personality annoys me; his lack of respect for the position he holds disgusts me.

Even if he does cling on to his seat, I very much expect that there will at least be a division at the start of the next Parliament on whether to keep him as speaker.

That said, I do wonder whether Farage in Parliament would actually do the eurosceptic cause any good...
    True. A number of Tory MPs said they would refuse to remake him speaker when Parliament is re-elected.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.