Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im an IB student and lately I can sleep. I drink like 3 energy drinks a day. So I'm doing a little survey.
    How many energy drinks do you have per day?
    Approx how many hours do you sleep at night?
    What year are you in (IB 1 IB 2 or A level 12 A level 13)
    Male or Female?
    Bording school student or day school?

ReputationRep:
    I presume you mean 'can't.
    Cut down or cut out the energy drinks and replace them with something healthier.
    Make sure you do 1 hour of arobic exercise a day.
    Vary it from day to day.
    That should help you sleep.
    Furthermore this should be in nutrition and diet or general discussion, not health, shouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I presume you mean 'can't.
    Cut down or cut out the energy drinks and replace them with something healthier.
    Make sure you do 1 hour of arobic exercise a day.
    Vary it from day to day.
    That should help you sleep.
    Furthermore this should be in nutrition and diet or general discussion, not health, shouldn't it?
    I presume you mean 'aerobic'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsia)
    Im an IB student and lately I can't sleep. I drink like 3 energy drinks a day. So I'm doing a little survey.
    Male or Female?
    I would stop with the surveys and change your drinking habits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsia)
    Im an IB student and lately I can sleep. I drink like 3 energy drinks a day. So I'm doing a little survey.
    Male or Female?
    ahh same!
    ive not had more than 4 hours sleep during the weekdays for the past 3 weeks!
    i sleep for 7 hours on the weekends
    and in the hols i sleep for about 11 hours!
    in IB 2
    i dont eat or drink much during the day but i drink lots of mugs of milk in the night and get energy from sweets and fruit
    day school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I presume you mean 'aerobic'.
    Yes.
    :rolleyes: stupid spell checker! (came up with no suggestions).

Clearly it's the spell checkers fault and not my abysmul abysmal spelling .

ReputationRep:
    Considering IB students have absolutely no social lives I think you can fit in enough sleep

ReputationRep:
    AS/A2(I'm doing a mix) No energy drinks. 7 odd hours per night

ReputationRep:
    hahaha well yeah the no life thing is kinda true. and I like surveys its kiinda kool to find out what other people are like

ReputationRep:
    2L of energy drink per day. 4/5 hours sleep if lucky. 1st year uni. Male.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any energy drinks

Sleep varies for me. I'm both a night owl and an early bird.

Monday, I had 14 hours. - 7pm till 9pm (I just fell asleep on my bed whilst watching Friends and I slept right through).

Tuesday, barely any, 2 hours mixed. I just couldn't settle. Over slept the night before and even though I went the Gym after college, I still felt energetic. Some work out too.

Wednesday, 8-9 hours. Played football after college and it was a killer. Royally tired after finishing a French essay. Dreamt in French which is apparently exhausting on the brain. I felt fine though.

Last night - 7 hours, 9 - 4. I've been since four doing some Spanish work. I was too tired last night to concentrate so I decided to sleep earlier and rise earlier. Feels good.

Lay off those energy drinks. Unless you take loads of them and crash, they'll have you bouncing around the room.

*edit *

Male and A2 year though I'm 19.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsia)
    Male or Female?
    How's the maths studies coursework going?

1. None.
    2. 4
    3. IB 2
    4. Male
    5. Day school.

ReputationRep:
    1 none
    2 3-4
    3 i'm 24
    4 Female
    5 At Uni 3 days a week and juggling kids and coursework and housework the rest of the time

In short No, School is not messing with your sleeping pattern, the excessive number of energy drinks is. I hardly drink them anymore after they resulted in chest-pains. Only exceptions I make is when pulling an all nighter before a deadline, or when the kids have been ill and kept me up all night.

As someone else suggested get some exercise once a day and some fresh air, then get to be between 10 and 11 and even if you don't sleep lie there reading you'll fall asleep eventually (also cut out coke, coffee, tea, caffeine including drinks basically)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Stop drinking energy drinks etc. My doctor recommend no caffeine 9 hours before bed... it helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thingeh)
    How's the maths studies coursework going?

1. None.
    2. 4
    3. IB 2
    4. Male
    5. Day school.

Well im having trouble collecting data but im thinking if i get enough people to answer this survey I may be able to use the data in a way....cuz my teacher said we shuld do statistics.
    So keep the survey answers comming.
    ThANKIES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisGuy101)
    2L of energy drink per day. 4/5 hours sleep if lucky. 1st year uni. Male.
    Omg...you serious? what are you, 1st year in university. BE more realistic please and stop commenting wrong stuff which might mislead someone.

One will die soon if they are ever stupid enough to be like what you said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsia)
    Male or Female?
    To be honest, School is messing with our sleep cycle.
    Although i'm still a MYP student( will be IB student this autumn) but when there are a lot of assignments due before the same deadline (you know those times when teachers need to calculate our grades)
    i would most likely pull an all nighter(for days) or get 2-5 hours of sleep(for weeks) and normally i would get 6 - 7 hours of sleep.
    If you want to have more sleep, you either cut your social life (be a complete geek/nerd) or be really really hard working, no slacking off until you finish everything.

When you say energy drinks, it reminds me of red bulls but anyways don't drink too many it's even more unhealthy when you are already lacking of sleep which will affect your daily life physically and mentally.

Female, day school

hope this will help?

ReputationRep:
    How many energy drinks do you have per day? 0
    Approx how many hours do you sleep at night? 8
    What year are you in (IB 1 IB 2 or A level 12 A level 13) 12
    Male or Female? Male
    Bording school student or day school? 'day' school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsia)
    Well im having trouble collecting data but im thinking if i get enough people to answer this survey I may be able to use the data in a way....cuz my teacher said we shuld do statistics.
    So keep the survey answers comming.
    ThANKIES
    Yah, I know the feeling.

Lots of people are guilty of "making up" data.

Not that I'm suggesting you do this.

Goodluck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiddleMeThis)
    Considering IB students have absolutely no social lives I think you can fit in enough sleep
    thats quite a big generalisation
    every1 in my year apart from about 4 people have quite active social lives
    its impossible to come home from school and work until lyk 2/3 ish and then work all through the weekends- so in the freetime inbetween we make time to go out and have fun
    thats y IB students r called 'all-rounded'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.