Turn on thread page Beta

What did you buy with your first paycheck? watch

ReputationRep:
    Rent. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I have just realised how easy live can be as students,..i dont see any of the asnwers mentioning bills,

does anyone by books..? or online library subsrciptions..? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lunch
    Then I saved the rest

ReputationRep:
    A Barbour coat and half of my student loan (paid it off).

ReputationRep:
    clothesss!

ReputationRep:
    2 summers ago I worked my ass off and made almost a grand.
    I have nothing to show for it. At all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOBO777)
    Hiya just wanted to know what people brought with their first paycheck.

Unfortunatly my family has this tradition where the whole paycheck goes to my parents so i didn't buy anything. Aaaww shuckkkss!

However with my 2nd paycheck i invited my mates round for a night in and ordered a MASSIVE takeaway order all of which was on me.

Sounds like a family tradition that's there to just con the kids out of their money lol.

To answer your question though, I honestly can't remember what I bought with my first pay check, it was that long ago. Was probably a mcdonald's or something haha. Might have been to get my lip pierced. Really can't remember though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saucy_little_thing)
    I have just realised how easy live can be as students,..i dont see any of the asnwers mentioning bills,

That what the library and VPN are for. Uni already paid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saucy_little_thing)

Well baring in mind some of us might have had our first job at the age of 16, then we wouldn't have had bills of our own at that age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    2 summers ago I worked my ass off and made almost a grand.
    I have nothing to show for it. At all.
    Last summer I earnt over £6 grand. All I have to show for it is a bike costing less than a 1/3rd of my paycheque, and I still had to dip into savings to pay for it. Oops.

ReputationRep:
    half to parents/donation to temple....the other half on a 32gb ipod touch (Y)

ReputationRep:
    I got my tragus pierced I think and then went out.

ReputationRep:
    GHDs

ReputationRep:
    I bought clothes and drank the rest of it away. What a waste :o:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to say something i spent it on what would make me look cool, e.g. prostitutes, weed, the first showing of the Blue group etc.

In reality I think I took the money and bought a packet of polos with a tenner. Took the shopkeeper ages to get the change :yep:

ReputationRep:
    A PSP.

Which I then realised was crap and traded it in for a Nintendo DS Lite :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Think I bought some really cheap straighteners (which I still have!), some sweets and probably some lunch. It was about £40 and I was 15.

ReputationRep:
    My overdraft . To be fair I was using the overdraft in advance knowing that I'd get paid. That was probably something nice and frivolous like booze. For my first paycheck for my current job I bought flights back home (I work abroad).

ReputationRep:
    Saved it all up and paid for my ticket to Peru

ReputationRep:
    Brand new Seat Ibizia Sport Coupé

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.