Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PorterhouseBlue)
    As I've said, given the gulf in prestige/quality between the two, I thought he might have been mistaken. I was just trying to help. Stop jumping on people's backs on the internet. And [never start a sentence with 'And'] when trying to make a sarcastic comment about language, it might help to spell English properly, and btw, it's Crystal[why the capital letter?]...
    I seriously can not believe it, he got an offer there!!! How presumptuous are you? He even confirmed that it really was corporate banking three times. Furthermore, I try not to be one 'those' guys who points out other people's grammatical errors on forums, as that's not only low, shows a clear lack of any other argument skills, but much more importantly, means I would have to keep my own grammar to an exalted level. Something you clearly failed to do, bruh.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is confusing me a little and hope my offer from BoAML for Corporate Banking isn't looked upon as negatively as this RBS one; although from my point of view it seems that at BoA the system is a little different, Corporate sit within IBD and deal with the debt side of the equation - whereas IBD focus on M&A and Equity.

I'm told focus on Debt Work - structuring and capacity, along with a full range of other products including syndication loans, bi-laterals, club loans in addition to other products around cash management, risk management (FX, rates and commodities) selling to multi-nationals..

I hold an offer from here after applying to many IBD departments, think I'm going to take it up due to the positive atmosphere and general lack of response from any other IB's (My CV was rather bare to say the least...). Thinking this will definitely appear better on a cv than nothing anyway!

Opinions?

p.s. sorry to hijack the thread..

ReputationRep:
    Given my resume (no work experience, almost no EC, unknown school) a lot of people were surprised (me the first) that I even got an invitation to an AC.

Yet I was surprised to see that corporate banking was looked upon so negatively. I was really happy to get this offer and the people I met were amazing so I'll take the offer anyway.

Obviously I knew it was less prestigious than IB ... but not that much!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats anyway. Who was the PWM offer with if you don't mind saying and haven't done so already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fitzmanon)

Obviously I knew it was less prestigious than IB ... but not that much!
    It really is.....

ReputationRep:
    Thank your for your honesty!

Though do you think I'll have a chance to apply to IB next year ... or am I just f***** ? I feel like it's just a work experience issue, but maybe getting a summer in CB won't change anything?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your uni, subject, ECs etc. An internship is obviously going to help. You could apply to internships again next year and do an MSc?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing and you may still get interviewed....

However PWM at a major BB is very very good and you will almost certainly get interviewed for IBD providing you give a reason for wanting to switch

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.