Turn on thread page Beta

A third of Britons think Peter Griffin from Family Guy is the leader of the BNP watch

ReputationRep:
    A third of Britons think Peter Griffin from Family Guy is the leader of the BNP

A third of Britons believe Peter Griffin, the character from Family Guy, is the leader of the British National Party, a study has found.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...f-the-BNP.html

Somewhat worrying that people think the BNP is headed by a cartoon...
    People know their priorities... Who cares about the people that govern the country, if I can know what moron is marrying Katie the cheap tart.

ReputationRep:
    That just can't be true....

ReputationRep:
    The survey of 1,498 people found more were able to identify a picture of Alex Reid, the new husband of Katie Price, than recognised Gordon Brown, the prime minister.
    I'm not convinced. Either a lot of people were messing around trying to purposely skew the results or only complete morons answered it.

I don't even know who the **** Alex Reid is

ReputationRep:
    Not really, especially as many of those probably don't know the cartoon character and it's either just co-incidence that they chose Peter or are vaguely aware of the name somehow so, knowing Nick Griffin's surname (people are usually stronger on surnames than forenames), attach Peter. Shows the BNP are not as mainstream as they like to think.

That said, what is worrying is that more were able to identify whatever-his-name is Reid (never heard of him) that were able to identify our own prime minister.

ReputationRep:
    Was the poll conducted in the US by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)

A third of Britons believe Peter Griffin, the character from Family Guy, is the leader of the British National Party, a study has found.

People know their priorities... Who cares about the people that govern the country, if I can know what moron is marrying Katie the cheap tart.
    BNP don't govern the country, and thank god for that.

On the one hand, it's a bad sign of people's political ignorance.

On the other hand, Peter Griffin from Family Guy is a more competent politician than Nick Griffin.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's not exactly that they think the BNP is headed by Family Guy, it's more like they borrowed Peter's first name when trying to name Griffin.

Hmmm interesting....Americans just may not be the most stupid people on the planet :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    oh my that made me laugh. it's a bloody disgrace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    That said, what is worrying is that more were able to identify whatever-his-name is Reid (never heard of him) that were able to identify our own prime minister.
    He won Celebrity Big Brother this year apparently, which offers a better explanation. Still, poor form though Britain.

ReputationRep:
    All Hail, Petoria!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :facepalm: they clearly asked a weird bunch of people though... who is alex reid??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Hmmm interesting....Americans just may not be the most stupid people on the planet :holmes:
    Would you be expected to know the face of a leader of a minor fascist American party?

Be fair. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    who is alex reid??
    Cage fighter, he married Jordan this week. Also he won Big Brother.

(Original post by Muffinz)
    Would you be expected to know the face of a leader of a minor fascist American party?

Be fair. :/
    :facepalm:

nvm

ReputationRep:
    Not sure whether to laugh or cry tbh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)

yet if it was Gordon Brown or David Cameron who had been mistaken, im sure you'd be in fits of giggles. I would hardly say that BNP govern the country and hopefully they never will.

And people are more attracted to big big breasted, attractive in
    appearance women rather then a big breasted, bigoted man.

ReputationRep:
    This is bad. If people think Peter Griffin is the leader of the BNP, they might want to vote for them.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I would like to clarify something.
    It appears people seem to be mixing my sentences together.

They are separate. The Govern the Country bit is entirely separate from the BNP bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

People recognised Mr Moron Reid over our party leaders... its disgraceful.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.