Turn on thread page Beta

Me and a friend were going out and she forgot watch

(btw if your reading this you know who you are)

Me and this friend made plans on sunday for yesterday. I was waiting for an hour until I just had to just go eat because I hadnt had breakfast. I tried phoneing her house and mobile (6 times between them) but no answer this was between 1pm and 2.30pm, just so if she wasnt coming I could move on and just do the best I could with the day. No answer so after eating near the meeting place at 2.30 I just completly went. It was too late for me to go home because I work in the same area so had to stay in the city centre on my own for 4 hours before work.

I phoned her at 7pm and asked her if she rembered what she said on sunday and then she remembered said sorry (quite abit). She asked me if I was mad and I wasnt sure so I just "if you were me would you be mad". I asked her what 2 of out other friends would do and shes said "theyd flip out". I brought up about the time I was 30 mins late due to snow and asked her what she said she looked like waiting and she said "like id been stood up".

Sorry about the essay

Should I be mad?
    how would stop this happening again?
    what would you say to her?

ReputationRep:
    She's only human, give her a break. She accidentally forgot.

She said sorry, so I'd be a friend and forgive her. If she did it on a regular basis I'd be a bit more pissed though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    (btw if your reading this you know who you are)

Me and this friend made plans on sunday for yesterday. I was waiting for an hour until I just had to just go eat because I hadnt had breakfast. I tried phoneing her house and mobile (6 times between them) but no answer this was between 1pm and 2.30pm, just so if she wasnt coming I could move on and just do the best I could with the day. No answer so after eating near the meeting place at 2.30 I just completly went. It was too late for me to go home because I work in the same area so had to stay in the city centre on my own for 4 hours before work.

I phoned her at 7pm and asked her if she rembered what she said on sunday and then she remembered said sorry (quite abit). She asked me if I was mad and I wasnt sure so I just "if you were me would you be mad". I asked her what 2 of out other friends would do and shes said "theyd flip out". I brought up about the time I was 30 mins late due to snow and asked her what she said she looked like waiting and she said "like id been stood up".

Sorry about the essay

Should I be mad?
    how would stop this happening again?
    what would you say to her?
    It was a mistake! If you're her friend you will forgive her. I don't see what's difficult about this.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be incredibly annoyed to be honest :indiff:

(Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    It was a mistake! If you're her friend you will forgive her. I don't see what's difficult about this.
    still VERY annoying

ReputationRep:
    Well the thread title says it all tbh, 'she forgot' I wouldn't get too worried about it if i were you

ReputationRep:
    still VERY annoying
    Friends are sometimes annoying, but it was, by the sounds of it, a genuine mistake. She probably feels bad enough without you reminding her about it. I say accept her apology and leave it.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I'd be incredibly annoyed to be honest :indiff:
    I was annoyed

ReputationRep:
    better planning in the future

(Original post by dennisthe3rd)
    better planning in the future
    I normally phone 2 days before to give her a quick reminder on 2 days before I was eating on the train so couldnt phone and 1 day before her house phone was just ringing on and on and went to the machine and on the day before I went out her house phone was just ringing on and on and went to the machine and her mobile was turned off

ReputationRep:
    I'd've been well annoyed by that.
    I wouldn't say anything though. If it happens again though then worry... Seems like she genuinely forgot...

ReputationRep:
    I normally phone 2 days before to give her a quick reminder on 2 days before I was eating on the train so couldnt phone
    You were eating on a train for a whole day?

I think most people have forgotten something they've arranged at least once in their life, don't take it so seriously.

ReputationRep:
    This sounded so much like me (your friend) that I almost panicked and thought I'd stood you up! :facepalm:

(Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    You were eating on a train for a whole day?

I think most people have forgotten something they've arranged at least once in their life, don't take it so seriously.
    its complicated because I work in eveining and shes in college in the day so theres only 2 short windows were we could phone on her in days

ReputationRep:
    Imho I would be so pissed off. lol but that is just me :p:

(Original post by Ignoramus)
    This sounded so much like me (your friend) that I almost panicked and thought I'd stood you up! :facepalm:
    are you a 19 year old from liverpool?
    if not its not you

(Original post by pina.Love)
    Imho I would be so pissed off. lol but that is just me :p:
    and me :p:

ReputationRep:
    are you a 19 year old from liverpool?
    if not its not you
    Nope, heh. :o: I was thinking I didn't remember having the conversation you were talking about...

ReputationRep:
    I understand you being pissed, but there's no point dwelling on it. She made a mistake, yes. But people do, and people forget - she's said sorry, if you keep mulling over it it's only going to damage your relationship. You've told her how you feel, and she's apologised. Let it go.

ReputationRep:
    I would be pissed off, but then again it sounds like your friend was actually sorry

forgive and forget

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.