Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone..

Just wondering who is applying to Edinburgh Heriot-Watt in 2010 and for what courses?

Are you attending Open Day ?

What A levels or Highers etc. are you doing ?

I would love to hear from any potential people who'll be there next year!!

My Visit Day was on 17th of March and really liked the place, especially the city.
    I will study Actuarial Science and I Have FIRMed the offer already, just waiting for last A level exams in June and results in August to hopefully get uncoditional offer.

I would also like to share with you,
    GROUP on Facebook called "Heriot-Watt University Freshers 2010!" (thanks goes to BeyondandAbove for sharing)
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=270223709260
    Join in and invite all the people that you know are going to Heriot-Watt this year

ReputationRep:
    Heyy
    Conditional offer for Actuarial Science and Maths,Statistics and Actuarial Science.
    Going to the open day on March 3rd. Excited....

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for Finance and Business Law, and I am putting it as my first choice, or I may put Law at Dundee as first, not sure yet,

anyway maybe i'll see you both there

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    applying for actuarial science and actuarial math and stats.
    Will probably put them down as firm and insurance but Leeds have also given me an offer for their course so not sure yet.
    Got visit days on Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th feb.
    They are wanting informal interviews which I am getting worried about but I hope all goes well.
    Looking forward to hopefully see you all soon.

ReputationRep:
    Thats great to hear from you guys.. Hopefully we will meet there at some point and go for a drink or a coffee
    Anybody else out theree ? :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi..... I have applied for Petroleum Engineering, MSc... jus 10 days before.. am waiting for de offer.... I came to know that getting offer in Heriot watt Univ.. is pretty hard... Is that true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vignesh)
    Hi..... I have applied for Petroleum Engineering, MSc... jus 10 days before.. am waiting for de offer.... I came to know that getting offer in Heriot watt Univ.. is pretty hard... Is that true?
    Hi, nice to meet ya.. Hmm I would say that it depends on the course, but if you do required subjects for A level, have shining Personal Statement and very good GCSE Grades for relevant subjects, then you should get conditional offer imo.

I had all that and received conditional for actuarial science.

ReputationRep:
    See signature, I'm so excited!

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for management, it will either be my firm or insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have unconditional offer for MPhys (actually planning I`m planning to accept it), and I`ll be on the open day (March 19th) in order to see the university

Actually is anybody here applying for physics ?

ReputationRep:
    Great to hear from you guys.. Good Luck..

Are you guys from Scotland ? Why did you decide for Edinburgh ?
    Is any of you on yougo.co.uk ? I would want to make friends with you on yougo...

(Original post by sylarfangirl)
    See signature, I'm so excited!
    Thats great. So you can teach me some Spanish if we meet there :-P

(Original post by mpetev)
    Hi, I have unconditional offer for MPhys (actually planning I`m planning to accept it), and I`ll be on the open day (March 19th) in order to see the university

I am doing Physics for A level :P And I enjoy it a lot, though it is quite confusing from time to time, but I usually get it at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I`m from Bulgaria - soon I`ll register in yogo. Well i decided this uni because it has good reputation about this course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surfista)
    Thats great. So you can teach me some Spanish if we meet there :-P
    Unfortunately, I do not yet speak Spanish, ab initio ftw. You'll know who I am if you see me though, I'll be the tall dorkish one, haha. :cool:

I'm not from Scotland, I'm English. I chose HW because I love the course and when I visited, I fell in love with those beautiful grounds. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I do not yet speak Spanish, ab initio ftw. You'll know who I am if you see me though, I'll be the tall dorkish one, haha. :cool:

I'm not from Scotland, I'm English. I chose HW because I love the course and when I visited, I fell in love with those beautiful grounds. :love:
    Dorkish ?

I thought that you did speak Spanish because you applied to
    Heriot-Watt: Languages (Interpreting and Translating) French/Spanish :P

ReputationRep:
    I chose HW because I love the course and when I visited, I fell in love with those beautiful grounds. :love:
    The good thing is there's a lot more to the grounds than what you'll see on an open day or suchlike!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surfista)
    Dorkish ?

I thought that you did speak Spanish because you applied to
    Heriot-Watt: Languages (Interpreting and Translating) French/Spanish :P
    Yes. Dorkish. I'll be the one babbling about sci-fi and tripping over non-existent obstacles. Like this, but a girl. :rolleyes:

And I will speak Spanish! You get to do it from scratch. I speak French and German but German's nasty so I'm going for a change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandettielightvessel)
    The good thing is there's a lot more to the grounds than what you'll see on an open day or suchlike!

Ooh, really? I loved it when I visited. Is the loch really as toxic as everyone says? It looked pretty nice when we went up.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, really? I loved it when I visited. Is the loch really as toxic as everyone says? It looked pretty nice when we went up.
    From the sunken gardens there are woods which go back a fair way - there is then a wooded path around the whole of the site. A lot of this comes from it previously being a manor house - I spent a fair bit of my first year wandering around campus! The loch I wouldn't personally want to swim through although there is the odd person who is brave/stupid enough to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpetev)

yup got my offer for MPhys in october looking forward to open day !

ReputationRep:
    Yey so nice to know more people who are going to the open day.
    Do you have yougo account ?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.